11

Ashleigh's POV:

That little skank has ruined everything. I had my whole life planned out. I was going to be his Luna, we were going to have amazing sex and babies and everything was going to be perfect. I was going to be a great Luna and have everyone respect me for once. 

"He'd never have wanted you anyway..." My mother slurred from the beaten up front room couch, which was stained, ripped and falling apart. She was on her third bottle of bourbon and it was only 11am. "You're just like me little girl." 

"I am not like you!" I screeched back at her, my hands balled into fists. 

My mother let out a croaky, humourless laugh and took another long swig from her half empty bottle. She wiped her mouth on the back of her hand and stared at me a little cross-eyed. She looked me up and down, the best that she could and huffed at me. 

"Look at you, you look just like me. You'll end up just like me." She slurred at me and I stormed off. I would not listen to her anymore. She had been treating me like crap and drinking for all of my life. 

My mother had been one of the most popular girls at high school when she was younger, but then she slept with the Beta in hopes that they would be together and instead she got pregnant with me and my father found his mate. My mother never even registered on his radar after that and neither did I. My half-siblings don't even talk to me, I'm shunned by all of them and my mother turned to drink when her mate, a passing rogue, rejected her because she had me. My mother has blamed me all of these years and would never buy me any clothes or toys or school supplies. I had to wear her old clothes from when she was my age and that was why I looked the way that I did. 

I had fallen for Tomas, he was 2 years older than me at school and I thought he really liked me. I gave him everything, but when he turned 16, instead of falling in love with me, he looked at me with shame and hurt. I wasn't his mate, but I thought as time went on that because he hadn't found his mate, that he'd just turn around and settle down with me. 

It was his father that put that stupid idea in his head about getting a breeder. His father didn't seem to think that I was breeder material and so I wouldn't give Tomas good enough children. He also thought that our children would be shunned by others in our community because I am a bastard child. 

I was a bitch to Kate because I just wanted her to get angry and leave, but then to be told that she is his true mate, my whole world came crashing down. How could this happen to me? All I wanted was a good life, but fate is just cruel. Instead of growing up with mated parents, I'm the bastard daughter of the Beta who is ignored to the point of being invisible. 

"If you want him so much...just get rid of that bitch." My mother hiccuped at me as she stumbled into the kitchen. 

"How?" I sniffled at my mother. 

"You say she's the daughter of a breeder, but has a mate?" I nodded in reply to my mother and she grinned crookedly at me. "Does her father know?" 

"I don't know! Why would that matter?" I grumbled at her. 

"Think idiot! Do you really think her father would sell her if he knew she could shift? She is powerful! She is a Beta's shifter daughter. She's rare and should have been sold for more. He may want her back and force her to breed with the highest bidder!" 

"So you're saying that I need to call her father?" 

"Yes dumbass!" My mum sneered at me and then pushed me towards the back door. "Don't come back till you've found her father's contact information!" And with a shove, I was out the door. 

*****

Tomas and that bitch were not home when I turned up 10 minutes later. Apparently them and a couple of friends had gone off to the beach for the day and so only the servants were milling around. I slipped past a few of them and walked over to Tomas' study, which was unlocked and the door was open. There were a few cleaning supplies in here and it was obvious that the cleaners were doing this room next after their break. 

I slipped in quickly and went over to the filing cabinet. I found the key to the cabinet taped to the underside of the table. I riffled through the cabinet as quick as I could till I found her file and pulled out the contact information for her father. I copied it down and put everything back the way I found it before rushing out of the room. 

The information that I had found did not contain a phone number for her father, but it did have an address and so I wrote a letter to him instead:

Dear Mr Pine,

You don't know me, but your daughter was sold to my Alpha at the latest breeder sales. You daughter was written down as a strong breeder and could only be sold to an Alpha, but it seems that she and your breeder, her mother, have been lying to you. 

Your daughter is NOT a breeder, she is in fact a Shifter Wolf. She shifted in front of me herself and almost attacked me. I have overheard that your daughter was meant to be a twin, but the twin, a male, died and now she can shift, but no one told you. 

I don't think your daughter should have lied to you and she continues to. If you wish to come and confront her or even get her back to use her, then she is with the Riverrun Pack in North West America. I know you got a lot of money for her, but I think and I'm sure you'll agree, that you were grossly misinformed. 

Regards, Ashleigh

I sent the letter off to him the next morning and now, all I can do is wait.