16

"Kate..." A voice whispered in my ear. "Kate..." It whispered again and I groaned as I woke up to find that the note book page was stuck to my face. I groaned as I pulled the book away from my face and rubbed my cheek. "Hey sleepy head, you feel asleep at the desk." Tomas said to me as I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

"Yeah, I had to jot down my ideas last night and I guess I just fell asleep."

"Did you get some ideas from yesterday?"

"Yeah, loads and I got some ideas as to what I want to change."

"That's great." Tomas smiled. "I'll go run you a bath." Tomas kissed me on the top of my head and walked into the ensuite bathroom that we had been given.

I stretched and I felt my shoulders crack a little as I did. I looked down at my notebook and the notes that I had made. Some were a little smudged, but I could still work out what I had come up with.

Universal law is required - not just by Alpha discretion

There needs to be some sort of Rape Law

Breeder law about how to treat them - before and after breeding

Laws for their children

Support

Shared custody

I had some other notes and some other scribbles about the breeder children, about how they should be treated and then I had made some notes about how the older breeders should be treated - mainly about how they shouldn't be thrown to the side as soon as they go through menopause.

I think I'd probably be able to get the Rape Law through because I could appeal to the fact that if the breeders are raped then they won't be sold, which means our population won't go up exponentially, but minutely because they'll end up with one child instead of up to a dozen like my mother. If I got it through then hopefully I could get through harsher punishments than a slap on the wrist and a demotion, but that doesn't scare them because it still happens. I wrote a note about needing to ask Tomas about how to make a report and graphs so that I could wow the council.

"Bath's ready." Tomas called as he came out of the bathroom with a hand towel drying his hands.

I closed my notebook and went over to the bathroom. The bath was a nice lukewarm temperature and had loads of bubbles. It was nice to sink into it and relax. I was so tired and my muscles were sore from sleeping at the desk. I was nice to unwind before my long day started.

"How did the interviews go?" Alpha Reed asked me as I sat down with my plate full of food.

"Very well, thank you." I said as I unrolled my cutlery from the napkin and started to eat.

"Get a lot of good information?"

"Yes and I'd like to commend you on the way you treat your breeders."

"Why thank you, I try." He said as he ate his eggs and bacon. "Will you be staying another day or leaving soon?"

"I'd like to talk to some of the men who bought breeders and if possible, some of the men who either raped or tossed to the side breeders." I asked and Tomas choked a little on his food at my pronouncement. He looked at me like I had lost my head and so did Alpha Reed.

"Why?"

"Well you need to get both sides to get a clear picture and to ask them why?"

"Um...all I can do is ask." Alpha Reed said. "But I would like for me and your mate to be with you, rather than just your mother."

Sold to the Alpha [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara