3

3

Tomas:

I sat with all the other higher ups in the breeder auction room, wondering a little how my life got to this point. I was the 21-year-old Alpha to the Riverrun pack in North West America and I've spent 5 years and countless resources trying to find my mate. So, instead of wasting more time and money, I've settled on a breeder, at my father's request. My father has pushed me to use a breeder, saying they are easier to get a hold of and from them come really strong children, just look at you he said to me. I am the eldest son of an Alpha and a breeder, a strong one, so my dad pushed me harder to use a breeder, but I had hoped for my mate.

The batch from North America didn't interest me nor did the batch from the South. The current batch is from Central America and so far held no interest for me either until she came out. Many of us higher ups sat up when she came out in her pale blue dress. She stood up on the podium and above her on the flat screen, came her statistics.

ALPHA ONLY

PRIME BREEDER

NAME: KATELYN MARIE PINE

AGE: 16

HAIR: BLONDE

EYES: SILVER GREY

HEIGHT: 5 FOOT 6

WEIGHT: 8 STONE

BREASTS: 36C

PEDIGREY: BETA OF THE WILLOW PACK'S 3RD DAUGHTER. VERY STRONG GENES AND STRONG WOLF DNA

The announcer read out her stats and I gripped my bidding number stick ready to bid from the word go.

"Let's start the bidding at $25,000."

"25!" I called out.

"30!" Another called.

"I have 30, do I have 35?"

"35!"

"35, do I hear 40?"

"50!" I called.

"50, do I hear 55?"

"60!"

"60, do I hear 70?"

"70!"

"70, do I hear 80?"

"80!" I called.

"80, do I hear 90?" The announcer called and Kate shuffled. This continued till we were well into the millions and I could tell the Kate was getting a little annoyed with how long this was taking. She was all looking a little tired.

"2.1 million!" I called.

"2.1, do I have any advances?"

"2.2!"

"2.5!" I called.

"2.5 million, any advances on 2.5 million dollars?" For once there was silence. I looked around and then up at Kate, who was shocked herself. "Going once. Going twice...sold for 2.5 million dollars to Alpha Tomas River." I watched as Kate was lead off to the sold area and I got up to go get her and go home. I didn't want any others than her,

Kate:

I was speechless and overcome with how much people were willing to spend on me. The normal breeder sells for 50-75,000 dollars maybe 100,000, but 2.5 million? My stats really must have been good and really must have attracted some people.

I was taken away from the stage and over to the sold area where buyers were inspecting their breeders more closely before paying for them. There have been instances in the past where father's, who have had only one child, a daughter, have bribed the breeder assessors to make their daughter's sound a lot better than they are to get money.

I watched as my new Alpha came forward and without even checking me over, like the other buyers were doing to their breeders, he just dumped 2.5 million dollars down in front of the organisers. I was shocked and a little concerned that he would just willingly throw away this amount of money without checking on what he had purchased, made me think that he was a little irrational and crazy.

I got my first good look at my buyer and he was younger looking that I expected. He had slick back black hair and deep, dark green eyes. He was well built and his suit clung close to his body like a second skin. He was very hot and it made me really wonder why he needed a breeder.

He stepped forward and took my hand in his, giving me a very warm feeling and causing him to stop. He looked from me to our entwined hands and back again before pulling me out of the auction house and into his car. What the hell was that about?