5

5

Kate:

I woke up kind of groggy and I couldn't really remember much for those first few seconds and then it all came flooding back. Alpha Tomas said that I was his mate and I realised that he wasn't in this room with me, so I need to find him to talk to him.

I got up and that's when I realised that I was on a private plane. I was also lying on a king sized bed on top of a very soft and fluffy comforter that was a blue colour. I pushed back the small blanket that I was lying under and I put my bare feet down on the floor, which was nicely carpeted.

I walked over to the door and opened it to find the seated part of the plane where Tomas and a bunch of guys in black were seated. They all looked up at me and I felt a little unnerved. Tomas came over to me and held my hand to lead me over to the seated area he was seated in. The guys in black, which were probably security, looked at me one last time before returning to what they were doing before I walked out of the plane's bedroom.

I sat down and buckled myself into the seat. Tomas sat down next to me and I fiddled with my nails. A lot of questions were buzzing around in my mind and a lot of feelings were making my stomach do flips and butterflies to take flight. They all calmed down and settled once he took my hand. I looked down at his hand and then up at his face.

"Relax, I know that this is a lot to take in and it's scary, but what I told you in the car is the truth. You are my mate. I don't know how, but I am so glad that you are. I honestly thought I'd never find you." Tomas said with a faint smile on his face and he'd gently squeeze my hand every so often to check that I was really there.

"But I'm a breeder from a long line of breeders. We aren't supposed to have mates."

"Well you do and you are not a breeder, you're my Luna." He said with such power.

"I don't know how to be a Luna. I'm trained to be a breeder."

"I'll help all I can, just give us a chance." I thought over what he said and I had a thought and a major question came into my head.

"What about our children?" I asked. "Will I have to give them up like a breeder would?"

"No, not completely the same. Our eldest son would still have to go off for Alpha training, but only once he'd shifted and he'd be able to come home if he wanted to. Our other sons the same, just warrior training instead."

"And the girls? Will they be forced to do chores? Be breeders? Sold at 16?"

"We'd try to find them suitable partners and no, no chores or sold off if you don't want that."

"I don't." I said defiantly. I hated how tearing the family apart had hurt my mother so much and the pain she'd gone through. I didn't want that and I worried, up till now, that I'd have to.

"So does that mean you accept me as your mate?"

"It can't be that much different from accepting you as my buyer."

"Well it is, you'll be more respected and be like a mother to the pack. You'll also wear my mark and be treated as my equal. I'll never love or be with another." He told me and the idea of 'being' with him did worry me as it would be my first time. I knew that it was coming and I knew that it was going to happen, had I been a breeder instead of his mate, it would have been sooner. "Don't worry, I'll wait until you're ready to be with me." I nodded at him in answer. It was like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders and my heart stopped beating so hard in my chest. "I just ask that you let me mark you."

"But I've been marked." I said as I pushed my hair away from my shoulder and showed a red and very angry look B branded into my shoulder. B for breeder was something that every breeder was given once they were sold. It has small traces of silver in it, not enough to get into my blood stream, but enough to leave the mark and make it permanent.

"When we land, we'll burn that B into nothingness and then I'll mark you as mine." Tomas growled as he touched my branding mark.

"What will people say about me being a born breeder and your mate?"

"Let them say what they want. You're my mate and that's all I care about." I couldn't help, but smile at him for what he was saying. I took his hand in mine and smiled at him. I still couldn't help, but wonder what fate had instore for us.

an+x��