Chapter One

Hello my lovely readers. Author here. I want to thank you for giving my book a chance, I very much appreciate it. This is the second book I've written on Wattpad, and also the sequel to my first book, so I have a few rules I want to set before you start reading.

First, I don't want any negative comments. If you have something bad to say, just do me a favor and quit reading my book. Nobody is forcing you to read it. It's purely for entertaining purposes.

Secondly, DO NOT COPY MY BOOK! Plagiarism is against the law and you will be punished for it.

Thirdly, just enjoy and read onwards my lovely readers :)

Now, onto the story :)

Thanks for reading my first author's note :)

_____________________________________________________________

Tegan's P.O.V.

I grabbed my mom's shoulders and shook her, trying to get her to wake up.

Me: Mom! Wake up! Trespassers are here! We're outnumbered! Mom!

I look at my mom's eyes to see if they opened yet when I feel tears start to well in my eyes. I turn to look at my father who is lying on the ground by their bathroom door, but he's covered in blood. I let my mom's body lay there in peace as I realize that she is dead as well. What would my life be like now that my parents are dead? 

I sneak out of their room and go to the hallway that Tessie's and my room is down. I don't even bother looking in my room because I already know that the trespassers ransacked it. Once I reach Tessie's room, I pull open the drawer of her desk and slide the hidden compartment open.

When I push the little gray button that's barely noticeable, one of the floorboards start moving and then another, eventually revealing my little sister Tessie. She is looking up at me with tearstains on her cheeks. I reach down into the hole and pull her out. She hugs me tightly and then pulls a bag out of the hole she was in.

Tessie: Are mommy and daddy dead?

How am I supposed to answer that? Yeah Tess, mom and dad are dead because the people who broke into the castle were looking to kidnap us and probably kill us but mom and dad bought us enough time for you to hide and me to get us the hell out of here? Yeah, that'd work peachy.

I walk over to the window and open it quietly so we can get out without making too much noise. I go back over to Tessie and kneel down in front of her.

Me: Tess, I need you to be as quiet as possible and do everything I say. I'm going to transform and I want you to get on my back and hang on for your dear life. And whatever you do, do not look back.

She nods and I hug her for reassurance. I stand back up then go towards the door and peak out.

Me: Stay here Tess, I'll be right back, I just need to grab some stuff and you can put it in your back until I run in here. Then hurry up and climb on my back and we can leave.

Tessie: Alright Tegan.

I nod then run out of the door towards our safe. I figured that I might as well start over with at least something from this life.

As I run down the hallway, I see countless bodies of the people I once talked to daily, but I don't think they will be talking any time soon. I keep running until I finally reach the room with the safe in it. I walk in and open it without a problem. I guess it helps that my parents trusted me with the code. I stuff all of the money in my bag along with the clothes I packed, which is just enough to get us to where we have to go.

I come to realize my mistake when I turn around and head back out of the room because about 5 burly guys standing in the doorway. Well crapperdoodles…

They start walking towards me with a deadly intent in their eyes. Who could kill a 16 year old kid and his 8 year old sister? Jerks. I'll show them. I set the bag down and transform into a giant black and gray wolf. I don't like being in this form because it scares Tessie, but she will have to deal with it for now because it's life and death. I pick up the bag in my mouth and turn back to the five people that were just getting ready to kill me, but then I don't feel so bad. They look horrified hahahaha it helps me though. I lunge toward them with my bag still in my mouth and take off running towards Tessie's room. I break her door down and see her jump when she sees me. I feel like hugging her and telling her sorry but her and I both know that we don't have the time. I hear footsteps behind us and I feel something grab my fur then hold on tightly. I turn my giant head slightly to see Tessie on my back with her squeezing her eyes shut. I run for the window and jump out of it just as I hear people screaming that they found us. Well that's good, but I hope they know that they will never find us. Not ever. I won't let them get their hands on Tessie. I'm sorry mom and dad.

The next morning I wake up with Tess clinging to me. Luckily, I was still in wolf form. Last night I ran far enough not to have to worry about them finding us at least for enough time for us to get some sleep. Now it's time to start moving again. We have to get to the edge of Iceland and get on a plane to America. To Black Woods to be more precise. Or if you don't know, this is the place that my parents met.

After about 15 minutes, I am on my way to the edge of Iceland again with Tessie on my back. I transform back into a human on our way through this one town that doesn't have much in it except elderly people and gossip. We decided to stop and get something to eat at an old-fashioned restaurant that had a couple of people working there. We ordered what we wanted and sat there in silence. There wasn't much to say, we just got kicked out of our homes.

Old guy: Wow, the newspaper says that King Robby and Queen Xera were murdered in the castle earlier this morning and that the crowned prince and princess have come up missing. All of their kingdom is in an uproar.

I look up from the table to see Tessie crying. She wasn't making any noise, she just had silent tears running down her face. The waitress came and dropped off our food and asked us if we heard about the great Dragon and Wolf Kingdom. All I could manage to say was a simple yes.

Time for me to grow up and take care of Tess.