Chapter Twenty-Two

Tegans' P.O.V.

After talking with Nadia that morning, I didn't feel like attending the rest of my classes. She rejected me and I thought that we were going to give it a try. But here I am, running through the woods with Garret, Dylan, and Jackson trying to reach me through the mind link. I just can't work up the courage to talk to them right now and tell them what happened.

I didn't even realize where I was running until I went tumbling through water. I swam back up to the surface and took a good look around. This was the lake that has the legend of my parents. Thinking back to the history of this lake, I remember Nadia telling me all about it.

Instead of thinking of those thoughts again, I swam to the shore.

I have no idea how long I was just sitting there staring at the lake, but I definitely didn't expect to see my dad appear.

Robby: Hey kiddo, what are you moping around for?

My head shoots in his direction and I stare in amazement at my father. I saw his dead body back at the castle. I know I did. How in the world is he standing here in front of me?

Robby: Wow, the feeling around this place has changed since I've been here. Wait, what are you doing in Black Woods Tegan? You didn't go and get yourself killed, right?

I shake my head at him.

Me: I'm very much alive dad. It's just you and mom that aren't around anymore.

Robby: What about Stereo and them? I know they weren't at the castle at the time of the raid.

Me: I'm not exactly sure where they're at right now. I do know that they are safe though.

That's when I realized that I spoke out loud...and in my human form. What? How did that happen? I turn around to where I was sitting on the shore and see my wolf form lying there, looking like I was sleeping. I shake my head and turn back to my dad.

Me: So what have you been up to in the spirit world dad?

Robby: Well, you're mom was happy to be reunited with her mom. Her crazy mom, to top it off. So she's been off with her and I've just been exploring. I wasn't expecting to meet you here though. Which brings me back to my original question, what are you doing in Black Woods? Where's Tessie?

Me: Tessie's in school. She's already made a bunch of friends. I don't think she could be much happier in our situation. We're back here because once I got us out of the castle, this is the first place that popped into my mind. So I moved us here.

Robby: And what about you Tegan? Are you happy?

I stop and glance over my shoulder at the place where Nadia and I spent the night, and the following morning where we were attacked by rogues, or how she rejected me just this morning.

Me: I thought I was. I found my mate dad.

My dad walks over to me and pats me on the shoulder.

Robby: That's great son! Is she a cutie? How are things going between the two of you?

Me: She is the most beautiful woman that I've ever seen. I thought that we really hit it off until she rejected me as a mate this morning.

Robby: Why did she reject you?

Me: I didn't get the chance to ask. She ran away before I got the opportunity.

Robby: Well kiddo, why don't you go find her and ask?

I was on my way back to the school when Garret knocked down my mind link and basically screamed at me through it.

Garret: WHERE ARE YOU TEGAN!? I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET THROUGH TO YOU FOR HOURS NOW!!!

Me: Sorry, had a family reunion.

Garret: That doesn't make any sense. Anyways, is Nadia with you?

I stop running and stand there while still connected to Garret.

Me: No, I haven't seen her since this morning when she rejected me.

He doesn't say anything back for a couple seconds.

Garret: That's probably why she has everyone blocked. Meet me at the front of the school asap. We need to talk in person.

I shut the mind link off and run towards the school as fast as I can. But no matter what, I can't help the feeling of great loss that's in my heart right now.

Once I get to the school, Garret is standing there with shorts in his hand. But fortunately, I already changed into my clothes that I had earlier.

Me: When did she go missing?

Garret: We think that it was just after school.

That's when I look up at the sky and realize that the sun is almost setting.

Garret: Nigel saw Nadia walking through the back door after school. Nobody has seen her since. I figured it was better to take you to go look for her with me since you're her mate.

Me: Okay, then let's go.

We walk calmly to the back of the school and to the woods. When we near the woods, I catch Nadia's scent and follow it. We didn't make it any more than 50 feet into the forest before a smell that I was hoping to never cross again appeared. I stopped in my tracks and turned to Garret.

Me: Send out a search party for Nadia.

Garret: Why?

Me: Because the rogues that took over my kingdom also took Nadia.

________________________________________________

Hello my lovely readers, sorry about the really really REALLY late update.

I was suffering from braingonemissing. It's a serious disease that most author's call Writer's Block.

Horrid disease lol

Anyways, the dedication of this chapter goes out to my wonderful reader JessicaTeran.

Congratulations to Jessica! :)

And thank you to all of my other lovely readers for supporting me through my writiers block.

But now to the part that you've all been waiting for!

The dedication question to this chapter!!!!!

Drumroll please!!!!!!!!!!

DRUMROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is the future third in command of the Starlight pack after Alpha Andy hands the title to Garret?

Good luck!

Don't forget to comment, vote, follow, and add my story to your reading list :)