Chapter Four

Tegan's P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning and found that Tessie was still passed out next to me. I climbed over her and stood next to the bed then peaked down at her. She was still fast asleep. I chuckled at her and went out of my room. I guess I can take a shower and see if she's up after that.

I go into our new upstairs bathroom and remember that we didn't have any supplies to take a shower with. No shampoo, no towels, no face wash. Nothing. I walk out of the shower and decide that I'll just go for a run instead.

I walk back into my room and pull some basketball shorts out of my new dresser. I look to see if Tessie is still sleeping, and sure enough. She is. She keeps wrinkling her nose in her sleep haha, it's kind of cute. I go over to my bed and whisper to her.

Me: Tessie?

Tessie: Hmm?

Me: I'm going to go for a jog and be back in a half hour. After that we'll go get breakfast and some more house supplies.

Tessie: mmkay.

I laugh lightly and walk out of my room with my shorts still in hand. I go to the bathroom again and change. I slip my shirt off and pull my pants down revealing my boxers. I fold those clothes and set them on the back of the toilet. I slip my basketball shorts on over my boxers. Time to go for a jog.

I run down our dirt road and try to avoid all of the potholes that are there. I swear that there's one every 5 feet. I'm about two miles from my house and I figure that I can probably go to the end of this road then go back home. I run for another 5 minutes until I reach the extra mile to the end of the road. I touch the sign with the name of our road on it and stop for a second to catch my breath.

I glance around the little opening and see that it's off of another dirt road. There are tall pines everywhere and if you can't see through the pines, then there's little shrubs blocking the way. Either way, you can't really see much besides trees. I turn back towards the way of our new house and start running. I get about a half mile down the road before I start to get the weird feeling that someone is watching me. I keep running but start to smell the air for something else's scent. I catch his or her scent and that's when I realize, it's another wolf. I start to wonder if it will be a threat to me or if I should be prepared. I guess my best bet would be to get prepared.

I strip my shorts and throw them on the ground. I launch myself through the air and transform before I reach the ground again. I turn around and see a giant reddish brown wolf standing there in a position ready to attack. I feel my fur stand up and I bare my teeth. The weird thing about this wolf that I'm standing against, is that it's a girl. Most of the time, female wolves are ½ male wolves' size.

However, this one is just about a foot shorter than I am. I can feel the power radiating off her, which means that she's either the alpha or the beta. I feel her trying to get through to link with me so we can talk in this form. I have a block up but decide to take it down so we can talk.

Female Wolf: What are you doing in our territory?! Asking to get killed rogue?

Rogue? What the heck is that?

Me: I'm not a rogue. I just moved here yesterday. What are you doing? Am I not supposed to be here?

Female Wolf: No, you aren't supposed to be here. Not without permission and I surely didn't give you permission.

Me: Are you the alpha around here?

Now that I think about it, wasn't the soon to be alpha the guy that we ran into last night? Glad I get to meet the whole pack and they throw one heck of a welcome party. I shake my big wolf head and slouch down some. I quit baring my teeth at her and await her reply.