Chapter Thirteen

In the previous chapter...

We arrived at the school and we immediately realized that something was off. People were acting wary and I realized that the Dylan and Jackson noticed it too. We got out of the car and walked towards the front of the school. I stopped when a girl with black hair, black clothes, and a monkey on her shoulder walked out of the school and spotted us. She walked towards us and I caught the scent of her and realized that she's a witch.

???: Are you guys from the Starlight Pack?

Me: Yeah.

???: My name is Ashlyn and I need your help.

_________________________________________________________________

Tegan's P.O.V.

I stared at this new witch in town as if she had three heads. From what I could tell, all of the students that were in the parking lot were looking in our direction.

I don't really blame them, if there was a girl with a monkey on her shoulder then I would be staring too. Oh wait, I am staring at her.

Dylan snapped out of the daze first.

Dylan: What can we do for you Ashlyn?

She fumbled around with her fingers and her monkey had the most frustrated look on its face. The monkey slapped Ashlyn in the back of her head and pointed towards us as of to encourage her to speak.

If you thought we were all frozen in spot to see her with a monkey in the first place, imagine our faces when the monkey smacked her.

I felt laughter starting to bubble in my throat, but Ashlyn started talking to her monkey. Well, more like scolding it.

Ashlyn: Give me a minute to gather myself up Zachariah! I was getting there.
She turned to look at us with a determined expression on her face.

Ashlyn: This is my mate Zachariah. He's originally a werewolf like you guys but a witch that we were hunting down turned him into a monkey. I would change him back myself but frankly, my powers aren't that strong yet.

I let all of the information she just told us sink in before speaking.

Me: So what do you expect us to do?

Ashlyn: Well.... I heard that you guys had a new powerful werewolf in town and I was thinking that maybe he would have some contacts to help change Zachariah back.

Jackson: We've actually had a lot of newcomers lately so if you wouldn't mind being a little more specific. Did you happen to figure out this werewolf's name?

Dylan and I looked at Jackson with surprised expressions on our faces. I don't exactly know what Dylan's thoughts were but I know what mine were. Since when did Jackson take anything seriously?

She shook her head and Zachariah smacked her head again, a little lighter this time though. She looked at him with a questioning expression. He held his hands in a T formation and you could almost see the light bulb light up in Ashlyn's face.

Ashlyn: I know it was a boy and his name started with a T.

Dylan: Well, lucky for you Ms. Ashlyn, I think we know who you are talking about.

Her face was priceless, she looked so happy and excited. Almost like a little kid on Christmas.

Ashlyn: REALLY? Where is he?

I smile slightly and raise my hand out to her in greeting. She looks at it weirdly but places her hand there nonetheless.

Me: Hello Ashlyn. My name is Tegan and I do believe that I am the person you are looking for.