Chapter Twenty-Four

I would like to inform you that this book now in the rankings for the Adventure Category. It is now number #959 which might not be a huge deal, but I'm very proud of finally reaching the rankings.

Thanks for sticking with me through all the chapters that I've written. I don't know how I could tell you guys how much I appreciate you. My book wouldn't have gotten this far without you.

_______________________________________________________________

Tegan's P.O.V.

Having blue hair definitely wasn't something that was on my bucket list. No offense to anyone with blue hair, but I like my hair brown. The only looks that I'm getting from these rogues are either disgusted, amused, or much to my dislike, lustful.

I look to my right and see Dylan, who is in a similar attire to my own, holding his tray out to a younger female rogue who sets her cup on it and shoves a tip in the pouch wrapped around his waist, leaving her hand to linger in there for a moment too long. Dylan glances my way with a expression that screams "help me!" and a chuckle escapes my lips.

Elderly Rogue: What are you laughing at?

I turn to face the man that I came across earlier, the same one that told me to have fun. I lower my tray so he can take another glass of wine.

Me: My colleague is having a difficult time passing out glasses to the younger ladies here.

The elder rogue takes a glass from the tray while letting a hearty laugh escape his lips. His laugh had every rogue turn their head towards him, until he calmed down. That's when it hit me, this rogue is the one that was in charge of taking over my parents' kingdom!

I feel all the color drain from my face before I take a deep breath to calm myself.

Elder Rogue: Sorry about your friend, the ladies here tend to get a little "touchy" when they see something they are curious about. Are you okay? That was one big sigh that just escaped you.

He laughs a bit before I force a grin on my face.

Me: Yeah, it's just been a long night.

Elder Rogue: I forgot how tired humans get. Why don't you go take a short break in the kitchen. Take five minutes to calm yourself and then continue passing out glasses. If anyone tries to hassle you, tell them Atwood sent you. They should leave you be.

Atwood huh? Good to know that I know the name of the guy that took my kingdom temporarily. I wonder what he would do if he found out that I'm a werewolf, and not just any werewolf, the one that he's searching for.

I bow my head and head towards the kitchen.

Me: Thank you Sir Atwood.

He just nods before heading to converse with someone new. I walk slowly towards the kitchen, trying to get rid of the rest of the glasses on my tray before I reach there.

Once I reach there, I set my tray down next to the servants that are cleaning dishes can clean the few dirty glasses that I picked up. I lean against the wall next to the servants bathroom and rest my head against the wall. All I wanted to do is grab Nadia and run.

I closed my eyes and honed on my hearing, just to see if I can catch anything that would be useful. As soon as I found a couple of people talking about tonight, I concentrated on their conversation.

Servant 1: I can't wait until the main event.

Servant 2: Yeah, I heard that it was going to be awesome. Like an actual execution.