Chapter Six

Tegan's P.O.V.

The next morning I woke up to an empty bed. I thought for surely that Tessie would still be sleeping. I immediately climbed out of bed and looked at the time. 7:15am. I stand up and walk over to my dresser to pull some clothes out of the thing so I can wear them to school. I pull out a monster shirt and some jean black shorts with chains on them. Good enough, right? I hurry up, get dressed, and go down to the kitchen so I can whip something up for Tess and me very quick. Maybe even Dylan too since he said he would be here.

Me: TESS!!

I stand in the kitchen and don't hear any reply.

Me: Tessie?!

Still nothing. Well what the heck?

I walk up the stairs and start checking rooms to see if she is in any of them. My room is empty of course, the bathroom door is open with the light off, I open her bedroom door to see that it's empty too. Well crapperdoodles. Where is she?

I go back downstairs and that's when I hear something heavy being dragged across the floor. I follow the noise to one of the main floor rooms, I think it's supposed to be a laundry room. I walk in to see that Tessie is standing there with a door wide open.

Me: What are you doing?

Tessie: I was exploring the house because I couldn't sleep and I found this thing.

Me: Have you gone in it?

She just shakes her head. Well, that's a bit weird. I guess I'll go check it out.

I start walking towards the opening when Tessie grabs my arm. I turn to look at her with a questioning expression on my face.

Tessie: I don't want to go down there.

Me: Then don't. Stay up here. Dylan should be here soon and I won't be down there for long. I'm just going to go see what's down there and then I'll be right back up.

Tessie: Alright. But if you don't come back within 15 minutes then I'm sending Dylan down to find you.

Me: That's fine. I'll be back.

I turn back towards the door and that's when I hear the front door bell ring. Well at least Dylan is here now to watch over Tessie. I hear her say something under her breath and then run to let Dylan in. I continue to walk down the hallway. There are cobwebs everywhere and there's old fashioned lanterns hanging from the ceiling. I walk past them and I start to get this weird feeling in my gut, and I mean really weird feeling. My wolf is telling me to turn back, but I choose to ignore him. The farther I go, the darker it gets. Common sense, right? I finally reach the end of the stairway and a bad smell hits me like a brick wall. It smelled like dead animal. One must've crawled in here before the last owners could clean it out. I run my hands along the wall looking for a switch for lights when I finally mannage to find one. Once I flicked it on, I felt my heart start to pound so hard in my chest that I thought it was going to pop out.

At the bottom of the stairs was a black room with cages stacked along the walls like in a vets office. Only, the cages weren't empty. They had wolf skeletons in them, every single last one of them. From full-grown werewolves like me to little baby ones. I stood there for a few minutes just trying to take in what my eyes are seeing. I shake my head and try to clear some of the terrible thoughts that were going through my mind.

Me: UMM, DYLAN?

I hear some talking in between Dylan and Tessie before he replies.

Dylan: Yeah?

Me: I found something! You should come check this out. Tessie, go get ready for school.

Dylan & Tessie: Okay!