Chapter Eleven

After training, we were all walking back to the pack house to drop everyone off. I didn't really want anyone out here because they're in training for a reason. I felt as if it was my job to keep them safe until they could start to give me a run for my money.

It was taking us extra long to walk back to the pack house because Garret was helping Nigel walk because he was tired and wobbly. In addition, Tessie and Jordan thought that it would be funny to wrap themselves around my legs as I walk. Every single step consisted of me lifting either Tessie, or Jordan. They were just balls of giggles though. Nadia was walking by my side with a small smile on her face while she watched me try to lift the girls that were clinging to my legs. It was starting to get harder the farther we went.

Tessie: Just hang on Jordan! I used to do this with Tegan all the time back at our old home. He can do it for hours!

I used to be able to, but then again, there was only one pipsqueak around one leg. Now, it's double that.

Jordan: Really? Maybe we should hang onto his legs and make him walk back to the house instead of drive.

I groaned and they burst into giggles again. I looked over at Nadia who was trying to suppress a laugh too.

Travis and Jose were talking to Dylan and Jackson about some of the cool moves they did in their wolf forms. I have to give them props, I didn't think they would do as well as they did.

Jackson: I could have taken you guys easily! If I wasn't handcuffed to this doofus.

He motioned towards Dylan by jerking his head in that direction.

Dylan: It wasn't my fault. And who was it that kept complaining that the handcuffs were too tight? Oh right, that was you.

Jose: The only reason I found you too is because he was complaining.

Nigel: We almost won...

Nadia turned around with a smirk on her face.

Nadia: But you didn't, you're a sore loser.

Garret: You guys still took your handcuffs off before us.

I noticed some lights in the distance and realized that it was the pack house. It felt like I was trudging through two feet of snow and was running out of breath quickly.

Dylan stopped walking and Nadia ran right into his back because she was still glaring at Nigel and Garret. She almost fell over but quickly caught herself.

Nadia: Hey! Watch it.

Dylan: I wasn't the one who wasn't paying attention.

Nadia: Whatever.

A slight blush rose to her cheeks as she glanced at me. I never knew she could be such a klutz. It was cute. She scold at me and decided to go talk to Garret. We were less than a football field away from the pack house when I heard shouting.

Travis: RACE YOU TO THE PACK HOUSE!   

Me: One second! Everyone, come here real quick.

Everyone looked at me with curious looks on their faces.

Me: Just so you know, my house is open to anyone at any time. Feel free to come by if you just want to chill in our game room or if you just need some time to yourself. We are turning our basement into a workout room that anyone has access. I just wanted to let you know. Now you can run off.

Travis: GO!

He took off before anyone else had the chance to process what he said. Dylan, Jackson, and Jose took off after. Nadia was laughing at Garret who was trying to haul Nigel but it wasn't working out the greatest. The girls detached themselves from my ankles and followed everyone else. I stopped walking for a second to rub my legs where their nails were. Nadia walked up beside me and bumped her shoulder into mine.