Chapter Three

Tegan's P.O.V.

Dylan helped Tessie and I get all of our stuff back home. I think he is going to end up living with us eventually, considering he hasn't left my side since we met. I'm glad I made a quick friend though. We stopped by Dylan's house on the way back here to see if his sister was home so she could hang out with Tessie, but it turned out that she wasn't home.

Therefore, this leaves us to the present. We are all standing in my driveway, with a business truck with all the stuff we bought today behind us.

Dylan: This is where you live?

Me: Yup. Starting today.

Tessie: You should really see the inside of it Dylan. It's huge.

Dylan leans over and whispers in my ear.

Dylan: Are you sure that she's only 8?

I burst out laughing. I see his point. She doesn't exactly talk like an 8 year old. She is mature except when she pulls the little kid card. Then I feel every bit that she is my little sister. I trained her well.

Once I get done with my laughing fit, I straighten up and wipe the tears from my eyes. I'm definitely keeping Dylan around if I can help it.

Me: Yeah, she's only 8.

Dylan: If you say so dude.

We all walked into the house and Dylan froze and dropped his jaw. I have a feeling that will happen a lot. Tessie walks up to Dylan and tugs on his hands. He looks down at her and she looks up at him with puppy dog eyes.

Tessie: Will you help me get my stuff in my room?

Dylan nods his head and walks her back out to the truck. He just got whipped by my little sister haha sucker. I walk up to my room and open the door so it will be easier to get my stuff in there. I walk back down the stairs to see the people that were driving the truck were watching Dylan try to squeeze Tess's bed in the door. This had to be the funniest thing I've seen all day. Tess is just inside the door trying to pull the bed through. She may act like a big kid, but she's still small. I walk down the stairs, pick up one side of the bed, and pull it through the door.

Me: Dylan, pick up that side of the bed and we will hall it upstairs to her room. Then you can help me with mine and these guys can get the little stuff.

Tess nods and runs out to the truck to get the rest of her stuff. I'm glad that she is so excited. Our parents were brutally murdered less than 48 hours ago and she's happy again. I guess it helps to be busy.

About a hour later, we get all of our stuff in and unpacked. There's not too much to unpack. Not yet anyways. We decide to head to the school to fill out some papers so we can start school hopefully tomorrow or the day after. It should be fun and Tessie should meet new people. Dylan and I walked into the office to see a secretary who was a bit older. She smiled and welcomed us.