Chapter Ten

I was running through the woods with Nadia by my side. Our heartbeats were beating over the average rate but it didn't seem to slow us down any. The only noise you could near was the clanking of the chains, pounding of running feet, and the howls of wolves on the hunt.

You may wonder why we hear chains. Even why are we being chased by wolves? Well, this is Holy Hell.

Let me start from telling you how you play Holy Hell. You have five pairs of people.

Team Blue - Nadia and myself

Team Green - Dylan and Jackson

Team Yellow- Garret and Nigel

Team Pink- Jordan and Tessie

Team Orange- Travis and Jose

One pair gets to stay out of the handcuffs and gets in the form they feel most comfortable in, or in this case, it's Team Orange. Travis and Jose both decided to play in their wolf forms. They also get to hold the keys to all of our handcuffs. There are eight copies of each key and they are on a lanyard so they can fit around our necks in wolf form. The objective of the game is to steal the handcuffs. You have to beat the couple in a fight and if you manage to get them to forfeit, they take the handcuffs off and they join the original hunting pair's team. It keeps going until there is only one handcuffed pair left and they are named the winners. Sounds fun, right? Well here's the twist, if a handcuffed pair beats up a wolf, they can steal their keys. That wolf will have to go find another wolf and get their keys if they want to finish the game. Or they can go help out another wolf. Whichever they want.

Well, that's what you think until you're actually out there running away from wolves that are twice the size of your human form. Nadia is shaking so badly that I swear I can feel it through the handcuffs.

Me: Nadia, you have to relax. They'll be able to hear us if you keep shaking.

Nadia: Do you not realize that we are running away from wolves?

Me: Fine. I'll do something to make you feel better.

I look around for a tree that has somewhat low branches. I found one about 10 feet to the right of us. I run over it and kneel down on one knee.

Me: Come on, I'll hoist you up into the tree.

Nadia: Are you crazy? How is this going to help?

Me: I'll explain once we're up there. Just trust me, we'll win this thing.

I hear her mumble something about it being just a game as she puts her foot in my cupped hand. I just shake my head at her and help her into the tree.

I don't think she realizes that if I don't win this game, then the pack most likely won't accept me.

I put that thought aside as she gets into the tree. I climb up after her and pause for a moment to listen to where everyone is. I hear a wolf coming this way at a fast pace, we have about 30 seconds until he/she is here.

Nadia must have heard it too because she squealed and started climbing faster. I hurry after her and she stops once she thinks we are out of sight. The wolf is about 15 seconds from getting here but it seems like it slowed down some.

I decided to throw it off a bit. I walked to the edge of the branch, which is close to another tree trunk. Nadia follows behind me with an extremely worried look on her face. I chuckle lightly and then pull her close to me by her waist. She lets out a gasp at the sparks that fly between us. I barely notice because my attention is on the big brown wolf that's right under us. It could either be Travis or Jose, but from the scent of it, it's Travis.