Chapter Eighteen

Thanks for your patience while we were in mourning. This chapter's dedication goes to Tbomb1998 for getting the chapter seventeen question right. Congrats.

______________________________________________________

Chapter Eighteen

After I ran into Avonda, I picked up Dylan and went to meet up with the others.

Ashlyn: I'm glad you found him. How far back was he?

Me: Not too far.

Ashlyn: Good, so who's your new friend?

I turn and jerk my head in Avonda's direction.

Me: This is Avonda, she's the person we're looking for. I almost ran her over going around a corner and she blasted me away.

Avonda: I'm still sorry about that.

Avonda steps up to shake Ashlyn's hand but something stopped her. I think it was probably the monkey on a leash that is standing in front of her with his arms crossed.

Avonda: Is this the one that needs to be transformed?

I nod my head and she looks back to the monkey.

Avonda: You used to be a werewolf but a dark witch turned you into a monkey because you were hunting her, am I correct?

His pupils shrink for just a moment before he nods.

Ashlyn: How did you know?

Avonda: Gossip. This dark witch was bragging about turning a werewolf into a monkey and how she thought it was just hilarious.

Zachariah bared his teeth and hissed at the thought of the dark witch. I really don't blame him, if someone turned me into a monkey, I'd be mad too.

Me: Well, lead the way Avonda so we can get through this.

Avonda: Umm, I forgot to tell you something.

I try to make eye contact with Avonda but she avoids it like the plague.

Me: What is it?

Avonda: The payment for turning him back into a werewolf. If he was a human before, it would be easier but since he's a human mixed with a wolf, the payment for him would be higher.

Me: Just name it.

Avonda: Security.

Me: Are you in danger?

Avonda: Well yeah, you're the most powerful good witch in this country and you think that all those dark witches like having me reverse their spells all the time?

Me: Good point. I can provide security.

Avonda: I can feel the royal blood in you so I would imagine that this would be high security?

Me: That's pushing it. You'd end up working for me.

Avonda: I wouldn't mind.

Me: The only problem is that I can't access my kingdom right now. So you'll have to hide yourself until then.

Avonda: I can do that. We'll talk more later. Let's turn this monkey into a werewolf again.

____________________________________________________

We're currently sitting in Avonda's cabin while she's running around collecting the ingredients she will need for the potion. Dylan and Jackson are lounging on the couch rubbing their bellies to get the swelling to go down, Ashlyn is sitting in a chair across the living room from me, and I'm sitting here watching Zachariah chase Avonda around the kitchen to hurry her up.

I see Avonda grab the broom and before I have time to warn Zachariah, he's already across the room and onto Ashlyn's lap.

Avonda: Stay over there chatter monkey, you chasing me around isn't going to make me go faster. If you keep it up, I'll turn you into a warthog.

Jackson and Dylan burst out laughing and I have a smirk on my face. It would be pretty funny, but unfortunately, Ashlyn doesn't thing so if you take the frown on her face into consideration.

Avonda goes back to gathering the items then throwing them into a pot.

Avonda: It should be ready in about five minutes. So be patient.

Ashlyn: Thank you so much for this Avonda. It means a lot.

Avonda: So does my life and if Sparky over there can provide protection, I'll do anything for it.

Ashlyn: Thanks anyways.

Avonda: It's no problem. So Tegan, what do you mean when you said that you don't have access to your kingdom?

Me: We had some group of people come in and massacre almost everyone in my castle, including my parents. We're trying to gather enough people to take it back.

She walks over to the pot and stirs.

Avonda: You're the missing prince? Is the princess with you too?

Me: You know of Tessie?

Avonda: Who doesn't? You guys are the biggest news out there. I knew you were a royal but I thought it was going to be to one of those kingdoms that are out in the middle of nowhere that nobody knows about. I never would've guessed that you were the prince to The Great Dragon and Wolf Kingdom.

Me: Yeah, I don't exactly go around bragging about it.

Avonda: I don't blame you. The potion is done. Get over here chatter monkey so we can turn you back.

He zips over there and opens his mouth and Avonda pours some of the potion that's on her spoon. He drinks it and you can see his little monkey body start to sway back and forth. Avonda turns around to dump the rest of the potion back into the pan.

Ashlyn: Zach!

She rushes forward to try and catch him but Avonda swats her with the now empty spoon.

Avonda: Don't go near him child. Do you want to be crushed?

I look at Zachariah who is now convulsing on the floor where you can see his bones grow and crack back into place. The whole process takes about five minutes before he's laying butt naked on the kitchen floor.

A blanket flies through the air and lands right on top of Zachariah's privates. He stands up and wraps the blanket around him in the way up. Ashlyn is standing there in awe and the rest of us are seeing what he looks like in human form.

He stands about 4" taller than me so that puts him at around 6'3" and he has a build of a wrestler. I now understand why he was a witch hunter. He has vibrant blue eyes with short brown, spiky hair. His eyes are squinted into a scowl that was directed at Avonda.

Zachariah: That was hot, you old hag.

Okay my lovely readers,

There's nothing special to say in this authors note so I'll get right to the question.

If someone gets it right, I'll update within a couple days.

Here's the question.

DRUMROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the number of reads that I have made as my goal for each of my books?

You might have to do some research for this question but if you get it right, you will get a dedication and we all know that everyone loves those haha

Good Luck.

How do you guys like the story so far?