Chapter Nine

Tegan's P.O.V.

I woke up at 7a.m. in the morning. Laying there staring at the ceiling can get boring quickly so I decided to get up and cook breakfast. It was close enough to the time that Dylan and Tessie usually get up.

I head down to the kitchen to see Dylan sitting at the island and a little white wolf sitting on the island next to Dylan. Surprisingly, the little white wolf was eating a bowl of cereal too. I turn around and walk out of the kitchen then turn around walking back in. The little white wolf is still there.

I look at Dylan and see that he has a smirk on his face and gives me a light chuckle. Does he see the wolf too or is that just me? I rub my eyes and slowly open my eyes to see that the baby wolf is still there, except now it's glaring at me.

Dylan: You aren't seeing anything. It's actually here.

Me: Are you talking about the baby wolf?

Dylan: Yeah, you mean your baby sister.

I tilt my head in confusion. Tessie isn't a werewolf, she's a dragon. That's why I didn't want her in the pack. They'd try to use her for power since she's a dragon and I might lose her.

Me: How is that possible?

Dylan: To be honest, I don't know why she's in wolf form. I went to the bathroom about an hour ago and I tripped over her on my way there.

Me: Umm... Okay. Tessie, let's go talk in your room.

I walk over to the island and pick up my little sister. I walk us upstairs and go into her room, shutting the door behind me. After setting Tessie down on the floor, I turn around and pull some clothes out of her dresser. I stay turned around but throw the clothes toward the direction she is.

Me: Change back.

She looked at me as if I was an idiot until I opened my mind link so she could talk to me through that.

Tessie: I don't know how.

Me: The same way you would if you were in your other form.

It takes her a couple minutes but she buries her face into my back and clings to my shirt. I turn around and kneel down to her level. After I wiped some of her fallen tears away, I gave her a gentle smile noticing that she has the clothes that I set out for her on.

Me: It's okay Tess, I promise.

Tessie: Was I a scary wolf like you?

Me: No, you're one of the most beautiful wolves that I've ever seen.

Tessie: I didn't know that it would hurt that bad to transform into a wolf.

Me: It didn't hurt to change into a dragon?

Tessie: No, in my dragon form, it's like I'm in someone else's body. When I was changing into a wolf, I could feel all of my bones moving.

Me: Yeah, I'm sorry Tessie. It'll get better. It won't hurt nearly as much as the first time.

Tessie: Are you sure?

Dylan walks in and kneels beside us. He pulls her in for a hug and brushes his hand over her hair.

Dylan: If he isn't sure then I'll make you a personal promise that it will get better Tessie.

Tessie pulls away from our close friend and nods his direction. Dylan stands up and looks at me.

Dylan: The meeting is at 9am. So we better get ready.

He walks out of Tessie's room with a longing expression on his face. I wonder what that's about. I'll have to ask him later, the rest of us should get ready too.