Chapter Twenty-Five

Hello my lovely readers,

Just a quick note.

I'm going to stop posting the chapter questions.

Now, the chapter dedications will go to the comment on the previous chapter that is the most supportive.

Thanks for reading this authors note.

____________________________________________

Tegan's P.O.V.

When we pulled into my driveway, we seen three things that I never wanted to see.

Ashlyn parks the car we were using, right by the house, and I climb out of the backseat. I turn around to pick up a Nadia who fell asleep about an hour ago. One thing I know for sure is that I'm never letting her out of my sight again. The alpha in me refuses to let go of his mate again, which is why I was currently carrying her up to my bedroom, to lay her on my bed.

I walk pass my little sister, who is standing outside with her best friend, Jordan. That would be the first thing that has me unsettled. Not the fact that Jordan was here, that was to be expected. What had me unsettled was the shape my sister was in. She was standing on the porch next to Jordan, and she had her wings sprouted out of her back, and her head was in her wolf form. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't care if she transforms, as long as she sticks to the rules I set down.

One, do not transform unless Stereo or I am here to keep an eye on her. Two, do NOT, by any circumstances, show her dragon side to anyone!

The look on Tessie's face when I walk by her to go into the house was priceless. If I wasn't so agitated then I would've laughed, but instead, my jaw is actually twitching.

I kick the door open and take a turn to head up the stairs. Kicking my second door open for the day, I walk into my room and set Nadia down on my bed, covering her up. She immediately grabs my pillow and snuggles against it. Nadia takes a deep breath in, probably inhaling my scent which makes a gentle smile appear on her sleeping face. With her being my newest weak spot, right next to my sister who doesn't listen, I smile down at my mates sleeping form.

I turn to walk out of the door and see Dylan standing in the door way. He opens his mouth, probably to make excuses for my little sister, but I hold my hand up to stop him. He immediately closes his mouth and follows me out of the room as I pass him, pushing him out of the way so I can close the door.

Dylan: I know you're annoyed at Tess for not listening, and I have no idea what that mutt is doing here, but you don't have to take it out on me. I was just making sure you were going to be okay.

That would be the second reason why I'm twitching with annoyance. There was a DOG in my house. Yes, you heard me right. There was an orange Siberian Husky sitting outside of my house, right next to my little sister and her best friend.

I take a deep breath and head downstairs, preparing myself for the lecture I'm preparing everybody. On the way down the stairs, we pass Jackson who is headed up the stairs, probably heading to his room.

Jackson: Remember Tegan, she's only 8 years old. She has to rebel a little bit or else I would be worried about her.

I pick my head up from the floor and look at Jackson, who has a giant red mark on his forehead, indicating just how Ashlyn ended up waking him up. I guess she's still mad at him for drinking the champagne from last night and removing his ability to shift, making the chances of our escape drop considerably. Luckily, we made it without any hassle.

As soon as my eyes land on him, his expression tells me that he regrets speaking to me. That, along with the waves of fear that I feel rolling off him. Dylan grabs the front of Jackson's shirt and pulls him the rest of the way up the stairs, getting him away from me before he makes anything worse than it already is.