Version 3 Chapter 5

Originally Published: April 19th, 2014 

"So where should we go now?" You asked, because you weren't quite sure if there were any specific plans to do anything.

"We're just gonna look around and get some things we might need," Tifa said.

"Basically we're window shopping for anything and everything!" Yuffie cheered. Yuffie stopped walking suddenly, making Leon run into her. Leon glowered at the shorter, oblivious girl. A high pitched squeal escaped Yuffie's lips, making everyone else cover their ears. Yuffie, ignorant to the pain she had caused everyone's ears, continued to speak in a higher octave, "Oh my god is that materia!? Hey (Name)! Come check this out!" Yuffie enthused, dragging your arm along with her. Your eyes went wide as the shorter girl nearly yanked your arm off. Someone save my poor soul. You thought, looking up to the sky for some divine intervention. No such luck.

"Look! Isn't it beautiful?" Yuffie sniffled as if she were holding up tears and you finally pried your collar away from her death grip, shooting a reproachful look in the girl's direction. The stand she had pulled you two was filled with perfectly round orbs of multiple colors, the most prevalent being beautiful shades of blue, yellow, red, purple, and green- just like gemstones back on Earth. Neither were the exact same shade, but they were all shiny and eye catching. They were all generally small, but on occasion there was one that stood larger than the others.

"This is materia?" You asked as you picked up one of the orbs and turned it around in your hand. The piece you picked up was about the size of a marble, and it was a bright blue color. Warmth filled you upon holding the orb, and you blinked a few times before setting it back down- you didn't know what it did and in situations like this it was probably best not to break something.

"Oh my gosh I didn't even think that they could get this here!" Yuffie ignored you as she flitted around the materia stand. "Excuse me storekeeper would you show me around this magical stand of yours?!"

And thus you were alone.

You facepalmed at Yuffie's actions, and you saw your friends milling about at some of the other stands around here. For now though, you wanted to look at the materia some more, to see what all the other ones did. Another one game you a small jolt as you picked it up, and you instinctively dropped the orb, letting out a sigh of relief when you saw someone else's hand extend to catch the orb before it could possibly break.

"Thanks so much," you said, holding a hand over your heart.

"These things are pretty weird huh?" The boy tossed the orb around, his uneven smile never leaving his face. The blond haired boy in front of you leaned forwards, peering into your eyes with his bright blue ones. "'Ello there~ I don't think I've seen you around before. I would've remembered such a pretty face."

Out of nowhere a hand smacked the blond's head forwards, "Prompto stop being an idiot." The black haired male behind 'Prompto' wore a deadpan on his face as he shook his head.

"What the hell! That actually hurt man!"

"Good."

You found yourself smiling at their relationship. It was obvious that the two were close, bickering asides. What an outgoing person. He reminds me of Zack and Reno. More like Zack though with that goofy smile on his face. And if he's the blond version of Zack, then the other one is the black haired version of Cloud. You internally laughed at your comparison.

"If you didn't hear from that grouch, my name's Prompto. He's Noctis." Prompto was rubbing the back of his head where he had gotten hit, grumbling about 'all the abuse he suffers,' under his breath.