Version 3 Chapter 25

Originally Posted: Late 2014

There is something very special happening at this moment. It is happening in a well lit room, in a nice part of town. Two men sit opposite each other, with an expensive desk made between the two of them. In a crowd, these two men would stand out. They would stand out for their looks, and the sheer force of personality and charisma they elude. Two men are having a conversation that will affect the intertwined fates of those far and near. Though no one knows that yet.

One wears a smirk, his natural expression. He's a sly thing, whose narrow eyes have been able to see through souls. The other wears a smile of forced pleasantries, also his natural expression. He's a calculating thing, whose sharp eyes have broken many men. But no, neither of them would best the other. Not in this game. They claimed equal footing, no one above the other, no one ahead. And perhaps that's what both males hated so much about the other.

The guest speaks first, it's the male with the sly smirk and the narrow eyes. "It's strange. A request from someone of your stature. To what do I owe the honors?" He leaned back in the chair, his casual air being something that most others would have considered impossible in such a scenario.

"Cut the shit." The forced smiled fell from the other man's lips. His name was the one on the desk, and yet he knew that he had no particular home field advantage in this situation. "We both know why you're here."  

The guest's smirk grew. He clapped his hands together slowly and let out a soft chuckle. "Ha! You're more entertaining than I gave you credit for. You're a man who plans ahead. Your goals are all that you focus upon, and you won't let anything stop you from that path. All your pawns may fall, but as long as you stand tall you will continue. But of course, pawns can be replaced. Eventually you will sit on a throne made of the corpses of the felled bodies, and you will smile."

"Oh? You portray me as some unyielding and merciless force." The lips of the male curved upwards, too even to be called a smirk, but too ruthless to be called a smile. "I'm much more efficient. There is no point wasting valuable resources."

If the guest was surprised he hardly showed it. Neither man would show weakness to the other. The guest pulled a folder from his coat, and tossed it lightly onto the desk. There was a level of precision in his actions, and the folder opened in front of the man to reveal all of its contents.

"You've gone through a lot of trouble to get information about this incident. Why is that?"

"You know as well as I do. The past holds power."

"Yet of course, it isn't always accurate. If it is believed though, then there is no need for accuracy. Unless, you want the upper hand. Which is why, you'll find that I included everything you asked for, and a little more beyond that."

"Your help comes with a price. What is it?"

"I want to see it too," the guest stated, his smirk slipping for the first time, only to be replaced by a gleeful smile. "The Final Fantasy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You blinked a few more times as no one made an effort to answer your question. You turned your head towards the girl laying in your bed. She had light blond hair that fell around her like a halo. There was something childlike about her face, maybe it was the long eyelashes and the rounded cheeks- not to mention the heart shaped face. A red patch of skin lingered on her left cheek. It would definitely bruise in the morning. Her breathing didn't change in the slightest, you figured that she must have been too unconscious to be aware of her surroundings. With that, you turned your attention to the conscious stranger in your room.

Since coming to Lucere, you've seen hair and eye colors of what feels like every shade of the rainbow. However, when you looked at the tall and lanky blond, you were immediately pulled in by his vibrant blue hues. When you looked at them a warm swell of emotion filled you, if eyes were windows to the soul then his soul had to truly be beautiful. You almost forgot where you were this whole time, if not for the fluffy white bunny that jumped into the man's arms without hesitation. He broke eye contact with you, staring down at the bunny while petting its head gently.