Version 3 Chapter 19

Originally Published: Mid-Late 2014

Authoress's Note: Lots of switching POV and character development laid down in this chap! Pay close attention, especially to foreshadowing I've thrown in! Well happy reading!~

~~~~~~~~~

Bright sunlight in the morning was the most deceiving. It gave the impression of safety, of happiness, and of beautiful sunbeams illuminating picturesque movie scenes. Baron Castle truly seemed like a utopia for the people, bathed in the golden rays of the sun like it was. It looked like a champion of peace once you looked at the sunlight spilling over the towers that topped the castle. 

All the naïve fools had no idea what truly went on at Baron Castle.

A troop of four Dragoons marched rhythmically through the castle, moving with haste towards their destination. Nothing seemed too out of place, everyone was too abuzz fretting about the latest mission to think twice about the Dragoons who should have been prepping to join the Red Wings on the airship towards Damcyan or Fabul. Damcyan, deep in the desert with the crystal of fire would only take a few hours to reach. The trip to Fabul was slightly more complicated, since they had reason to believe that there would be students from Lucere reinforcing the Fabulians, some of the ships heading to Damcyan had to meet with the Fabul fleet halfway. Which meant that there was reason to take a break in between the flights.

"I feel bad that we left her there," Noctis said in a low voice. The hallways in the back of the castle were mostly empty. The soldiers were already running through the routines of preparing for the trip, Cecil's replacement had everything running like a fine oiled machine- even though he was an intruder to the castle, a replacement to their last leader who was supposedly quite noble. No soldier in the castle seemed to question him, was there even a trace of honesty and integrity left in the castle?

"I'm sure she's fine," Ike said. He hoped at least, you could take care of yourself well enough. After the trip here and the training that you already received you should be able to handle the one or two guards that might have been around last night in the map room.

Neku let out a snort. "This is (Name) we're talking about, trouble and her seem to go hand and hand."

"That is true... She did find that Boss Heartless when she was just visiting, not to mention all the Deorcyness students," Tidus said. He thought that he was good at finding trouble, but he's been proven wrong time and time again by people like (Name).

"Let's just hurry up," Noctis said. There was no point talking about it, the quicker they got to you, the better. And that was a fact.

The four stopped in front of the map room, they couldn't see any signs that showed the room was disturbed or that there was a fight last night.

Ike opened the door quietly, just in case he might scare you. Maps upon maps greeted them.

"(Name)?" Tidus whispered as he poked his head through the door and did a scan of the room.

"She's gone," Ike said. Tidus wondered if you had just ran off because you were getting too bored.

"If only we weren't debriefed by that bastard," Tidus grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest. He wasn't impressed by the six foot armor wearing bastard. If there was a suspect number one, then that guy was at the top of the list. Goldfish or whatever his name was. Not like he was listening to a word that guy said last night.

"Not to mention we didn't have permission to leave the barracks, and we couldn't find Kain anywhere. I knew we should have just snuck out," Noctis said. He didn't want to imagine that you were somewhere in this giant castle alone, thinking that they had abandoned you. You could easily turn down the wrong hallway and run into a series of soldiers.