Version 4 Chapter 11 (Draft)

Originally Published: Never 

~~~~~~~

"UGH." You collapsed face-first into the nearest couch, questioning why you had to leave the warm embrace of your warm bed. Last night the cute little get together Cook planned cut into everyone's beauty sleep, though at the time none of you cared (except for smart people like Lightning and Vincent). The late night caught up to you, especially since today was your first day as an official student of Lucere. Since you still had no idea where anything was at Lucere, they told you to just wait one of the lounges downstairs and wait for someone that was heading to the cafeteria for breakfast after you woke up.

The most impressive thing about this is that we managed to clean everything up from last night. You smiled wryly as you remembered the aftermath of the party last night, mainly the aftermath of the cake eating contest. One spilled piece of cake later and you had a frosting disaster on your hands. The party got out of hand after that and there were a bunch of people I didn't know coming and going. I wonder what today's going to be like...

"Hello? Earth to (Name); are you dead or something?"

You lifted your head from the couch and there was a single bright green eye staring right at you. The silence continued for a few seconds as the two of you stared back and forth between each other. Just as you opened your mouth to say something the boy had grabbed your hands in his without breaking eye contact with you.

"I knew it."

You stared at him like he was crazy, which he probably was for all you knew. How does he know my name anyways, why is this guy holding my hands? "... Knew what?"

A goofy grin spread across his features as cartoon hearts filled his eyes. "You're just my type~"

And that was all he got to say before he was kicked into the wall. That looks like it hurts, I wonder if there's a hole in the wall now... Poor wall. The redhead that had been holding your hands sunk to the ground in a heap, his face against the floor and his butt in the air. You weren't sure whether to laugh or to make sure that he didn't have a concussion.

"Damnit Lavi, stop creeping on every pretty girl you see!" A familiar grumpy carrot-top came into view. "You'd think I wouldn't have to do this shit without my dad around," Ichigo grumbled as he stared at the fallen heap that was once someone named Lavi. Lavi stayed on the floor for a few more seconds before pushing himself off the ground with a groan.

"Then why the hell did you do it anyways?" Lavi pouted as he rubbed his reddened cheek. "No one asked you to kick me into the wall, (Name) certainly didn't. Right (Name)?" Lavi turned to you with a goofy smile stretched across his face.

I think I saw him at the party before the Heartless attacked, I didn't realize it before but there's something off about that smile... You thoughtlessly gave a little nod towards Lavi, keeping your little mental observation to yourself as you sat up in the couch. "But I do have to thank Ichigo for saving me the trouble of kicking you myself," you said jokingly as you turned towards Ichigo. "It's been a while since I've seen you, how've you been?"

Ichigo shrugged his shoulders. "Nothing new."

"I can't remember much of it, so not really," you joked lightly as you walked towards him. "By the way are you going to the cafeteria for breakfast?"

"Ignore me why don't you." Lavi pouted as he plopped himself right besides you on the couch.

You feigned confusion as you looked around without ever looking at Lavi. "Ichigo, did you hear something?"