Version 4 Chapter 2

Originally Published (approx): Dec 2014 - Jan 2015

Time passed by quickly. A week or two passed since you saw the interior of your parents' room. You hadn't even told Cook about what you found yet, it's not as if it would change anything if she knew. News announcers blabbered on and on about these attacks and those attacks, though there was still no proof of these yellow eyed attackers. Forensic departments were going insane, and detectives and police were being offered large lumps of money to risk their necks investigating. But a couple hundred thousand dollars doesn't do anyone any good when they die.

Myde had been working with his band on some things lately, so you haven't seen much of him either. But, Myde called yesterday, and you guys were scheduled for an overdue hangout session today.

"Cook! I'm heading out!" You yelled as you were running down the grand staircase. You weren't actually sure where Cook was at in the house right now, but hey, she couldn't say that you didn't give her some sort of heads up. Another servant would probably just pass your message on anyways- if not you'd just have to deal with Cook's worried phone calls.

"Oh! Dear! Hold on!" Cook flew like a bat out of hell from of one of the corridors. She nearly tripped over a rug and sent herself flying, but fortunately she didn't. Her klutziness was one of her endearing traits, in your opinion. "Are you sure it's safe walking around alone?" She pressed. She was covered slightly in flour, which gave you the impression that she just ran out from the kitchen while she was baking something.

"Cookie, I'm just going to meet up with Myde. I'm going to be fine." You smiled at her, patting her shoulder to reassure her. "Besides I've held his jacket hostage way too long." You shrugged, holding up the jacket you wore home the other night. "Plus! Those old self-defense lessons are still tucked away in the back of my memory somewhere." Then again it has been quite a few years since you took any self-defense courses, so it was a rather weak argument. 

"Oh... I still don't know," she fretted. You tried to resist rolling your eyes. "OH! I have an idea, Raito!"

"Yes Ms. Lufian?" 'Raito' walked out of the same corridor that Cook just came flying out of earlier. It's that guy I ran into last week... Well, at least now I know what his name is.  

"Oh dear, I've told you time and time again to call me Cook." Cook clicked her tongue slightly, but that was the extent of her irritation. "Would you like the day off, dear?"

His aquamarine eyes widened slightly and he shook his head. "I just started working, it would be unfair to the rest of the workers if I suddenly had an impromptu day off." Raito frowned. He was the newest butler in training, and he was only in his late teens, you found out. Cook talked about him now and then, she praised him for being incredibly hardworking and efficient. She did say he was a bit too serious though. Now that you knew who she was talking about, you had to agree. He did seem a bit too serious.

"Oh fine then dear... So how about this then? Your job for the day, is to spend some time getting to know (Name) here." Cook glanced at you with a smile on her lips. "I'm sure Myde won't mind a little competition."

You puffed up your cheeks, then let out a sigh. "Cook. I've told you time and time again, our relationship isn't even like that!"

"I was simply implying that you were close friends." She was a sweetheart by all means, but she had a romantic soul, you swore it.

"Lies! All lies!"

"I'm sorry, but I wouldn't want to impose." Raito shook his head again. How the heck did he not even crack a smile or a judgmental look at my conversation with Cook?