Version 3 Chapter 13

Originally Published: Mid 2014

HEY HEY LOOK IT'S A NEW CHAPTER! AND IT'S LONG AS CRAP. It's more so a thank you to everyone who's stuck with me and waited patiently, even through my rewrite. (And if you haven't read the rewrite I suggest reading chaps 1 through 6 at the very least, those are the ones who changed most drastically and there may be a few points where you get lost if you didn't read them.) Not to mention this chap is really the turning point between the intro chapters into the action chapters, no holding back those plotbunnies now >:) As always, direct any quesitons and such to the comments! Things happen quickly in this chapter and there's a lot of plot to take in, so I'd slow down and appreciate those parts if you want to have any idea of what's going on. Shoutout of thanks to DreamThoughts who PM'd me the sweetest review ever for this series I still read it and smile, and xXlivelaughlove who edited this monster in one night! Seriously I love you. And this is dedicated to my Old Fart because it was her birthday yesterday, and well something happened in this chap and I promised to dedicate it to her way far back ago. Get reading and sorry this was so long! XD

You yawned and stretched as the morning light filtered in through the curtains. Wow that's nice, no abrupt wake up call. You could only imagine the look of surprise on Lavi's face when he came to break your door down and you were already awake. Maybe your sleeping habits weren't as atrocious as you thought that they were. You checked your holopad for any messages, blinking drearily as you read through Lavi and Lenalee's message.
Lavi: Hey, hey! I'm going to help Allen and Yuu on their mission with the Old Panda, everyone's probably worried they're going to kill each other.
If they're about to kill each other, then sending Lavi probably won't help... In fact they may just kill Lavi first and then get back to killing each other, You couldn't help but think as you shuffled towards your ensuite bathroom. You noticed that there was another message and you clicked on that one as well just as you got into the bathroom.
Lenalee: I promised to help one of the teachers, I'm so sorry I can't walk you to breakfast!
You weren't all too worried about the fact that no one was there to wake you up. You just wondered how late you had slept in.
You blinked blankly as you stared at the time.
...
...
...
"... SHIT IT'S ALMOST FIRST PERIOD!" You ran out of the bathroom, grabbing an outfit from your closet in a blind rush. Back in the bathroom now, you yanked your pajamas off while you were brushing your teeth. You struggled with your pants, biting down on your toothbrush to keep it from falling out of your mouth while you pulled the shorts on. Trying to fit your shirt on over your head was even worse, an arm hole became a head hole and you were sure that you gave yourself about three bruises from running into the sink and the wall. You spat the toothpaste out and rinsed your toothbrush and your mouth out. You splashed water on the rest of your face and dried off before you started sprinting towards your first class. You were at the door before you swore, realizing that you had left your bag on the side of your bed. Diving at your unmade bed you grabbed the bag and you set the GPS feature of the holopad on and you were off.

"Hey (Name)!" You caught sight of Yuffie, who was running in the same direction that you were.
"Hey! You woke up late too?"
"ARG! Stupid Leon told everyone he was going to wake me up and then he didn't! Probably tried to mess with me because I accidentally spilled juice on some homework he had..."
"That doesn't sound like Leon." If you weren't so focused on running then you would have laughed.
"It's always the quiet, grumpy ones," Yufie said ominously. "Hey! I gotta head towards this building, I'll see you later!" She turned towards the left and started sprinting away while she still could.
"I really hate my sleeping habits!" You swore under your breath. There were an assortment of students like yourself and Yuffie sprinting to their classes because they'd slept in and were nearly late, and then there were the students that just couldn't care less if they were late or not. Now you just had to make sure that you didn't run into any one of them.