Version 4 Chapter 10

Originally Published: October 3rd, 2015

✎Authoress's Noteღ✎: AYYY! Look who finally got off her ass and updated! Quick question, do you guys like these at the end or at the beginning better? Eh, who knows. Anyways, I wanted to apologize for taking so long on this and to thank all of you guys for being so patient! 

Dedication goes out to my soccer mom, Cooper, known on Watty as irwhere for always supporting me and yelling at me to stop starting new projects and actually write the chapter. Shout out to the best editor ever, Kyoie-Kins, Watty's very own xXxJustBeFriendsxXx, who has been working so damn hard on a LEGIT Choose Your Own Adventure story with the Kingdom Hearts boys. I suggest heading over and following her so you don't miss out on it!

I actually finished this chapter around 2 months ago, but it was only 10,000 words and I felt like the writing quality wasn't up to par, so I rewrote it from scratch. That's truly why it took so long, and I would apologize, but the quality improved tenfold and you guys deserve the best. Now we're up to just over 19,000 words and I'm happy with this chapter. I really enjoyed writing it, and I hope that you guys all enjoy reading it! Hopefully it was worth the wait! Please do vote and leave comments, especially since it's been so long that my little heart is so fluttery and nervous about updating even though I really like how the chapter came out~ That's enough of me! I really hope you enjoy chapter 10!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Was it truly possible for a land to have encountered so much tragedy that the night never ended? Darkness never receded, even the pale glow of the moon and the far off lights of the stars could not break the gloom of darkness. To any pitiful soul trapped in this endless limbo, there was nothing to indicate the passing of time. Only an acute awareness of his own damned existence proved he was there.

Not a single sound kept him company: no howling wind, no noisy insects, and certainly not any voices. Only the sound of his own consciousness echoed in his mind, only his own voice to keep himself company.

Yet one day, all of that changed.

It started with a flurry of music notes: light, airy, yet still resonant enough that he could hear each note clearly, even as they sped up. His head turned in the general direction of the sound- overhead- and a metallic sound rang out after that.

Gold stardust fell from overhead. The small specks of light came down like snowflakes, shiny snowflakes that filled the entire area around him with small glimmers of hope. They were coming from the tail of a shooting star, a star that strangely enough seemed to be moving slowly overhead of him.

'Is that a light? After all this time?'

What right did he have to seek the light? Someone who'd been banished to this abyss of dark nothingness, he had no doubt that he must have done something unforgivable. Forgetting your sin doesn't free you from it.

But maybe it was never truly a sin in the first place? How was he to know?

As his numbed limbs creaked to life, he realized he didn't care why he was here. As he leaned heavily on the object in front of him as a crutch, he realized that he hadn't been completely alone this entire time. As his weakened legs shakily took a single step forwards, he realized that he could still move. As his eyes locked on the star leisurely descending towards the ground, he realized that he could catch up with it.