Version 3 Chapter 23

Originally Posted: Late 2014

Authoress's Note: WARNING. UNEDITED. Well some of it, but I might've missed something since I'm so tired. I found a good stopping spot though, the next chapter's pretty long though so watch out for that anyways. Yep, feel free to tell me if I messed up anywhere, ehe. Ehe. I'll be going now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You turned your head around from side to side, scanning the empty area in front of you. It looked as if you were surrounded by stone walls of some sort.

"Hello?" You weren't sure why you thought you would get a reply. Optimism at its finest, perhaps. You crossed your arms over your chest slightly, feeling strange in such a barren place. Your nose wrinkled ever so slightly, there was something foul in the air. You frowned some more.

"Hold on! I'll get there sooner or later!" A voice from below called. It wasn't a very mature voice like you were so used to hearing. It was a younger voice, the boy must not have even scratched the age of prepubescence. Something in you told you that you recognized the voice, while your brain argued that you didn't remember hearing it before.

"Be careful!" The voice was yours, but you hadn't even yelled the words.

"Just wait for me, (Name)!"

A small rectangular outline of light appeared in front of you. You covered your eyes slightly; light could be so harsh when your eyes adjusted to darkness. You walked closer towards the shape, which you realized was a door, and pushed on it. And then you cursed under your breath, whether at yourself off the mysterious unlabeled door you weren't sure (seriously, how were you supposed to know whether to pull or push it open), before you pulled the door open with a swift tug.

Light poured into the room, assaulting your darkness adjusted eyes. 

"(NAME)!"

What a weird dream. You rolled over in the sheets, rubbing at your eyes slightly with your hand. You realized that you were feeling a bit warm and threw the covers off.

You weren't an expert in interior decorating or on the rooms of the castle, but you were pretty sure that Wolfram must have carried you to his room after your little episode last night. You recognized the nightstand that he got your necklace out of, and not to mention you could see the closet filled with some of his clothes, his usual blue uniform being the dominant attire.

You laid in bed, staring up at the ceiling.

Caius damnit. Even when you're not killing me, I still don't understand you. You let out a small sigh. Though, if he had a reason for killing me this time, I wonder if he had a reason for ripping my heart out back on Earth- I never asked him how I still have a heart anyways... Damn it all.

After a few more minutes you decided to finally get up and get out of bed. You thought it'd be rude to leave the bed unmade, and Cook would have an aneurysm if she heard that you didn't make a bed that you stayed in (asides from your own, your personal mess was totally-a-ok.)

You noted that you were still in your uniform when you hopped out of your bed. You pulled the fabric covering your stomach up slightly, taking a sniff to make sure you didn't smell like a week's worth of adventure. You were happy to say that you still smelled like usual. You almost forgot that the faeries had given you that hygiene enchantment sometime in the beginning of the school year.

"Dishisenimeswursedandedentisht," you complained as a wooden wand had been shoved into your mouth.

And for those not fluent in gibberish, that statement translates to 'This is ten times worse than the dentist.'