Chapter 4

Next morning he drove to the Children's Skill Development Centre at the pretext of personally inviting everyone to the party.

However the main motto behind this personal invitation was that he didn't want to miss on a chance to see her, be so close to her and be able to talk to her.

Sometimes he thought she was deliberately pushing him away citing some lame principles she strictly followed.

Yet today he was too happy to give them a damn.

He walked to a small temporary office that was set-up for Ishita as she was taking charge of the centre for the time being until someone worthy and eligible for the post was officially appointed.

The door was slightly ajar.
Seeing her deeply immersed in work, he knocked at the door and asked "May I come in Miss Iyer?"

"Mr.Bhalla!" A glint of surprise crossed her face when her eyes met his.
She stood up and sweetly welcomed him in "Please come. Have a seat"

"Thanks" he said making himself comfortable on the fibre chair that was kept across hers.

"Aap yahan kaise?" The words came out unplanned.

"Tumhe mera ana achha nahi laga?" He asked.

"No no. Aisi baat nahi hai. Aap yahan aise achanak aagaye. It was a surprise" she replied.

"I hope it was a pleasant surprise" he smiled sheepishly.

She simply smiled nervously in response.

"Well actually mai yahan ek kaam se aya tha" he began to explain "Mai ek party throw kar raha hoon aur yahan mai tumhe invite karne keliye aya hoon"

"Ermm....That's great but Mr. Bhalla......" she was not able to complete what she started as Raman jumped in to stop her.

"Miss Iyer! Please. I really want you to come. I know ke you don't like to mess personal relations with professional ones. If that's what is going to stop you from attending the party let me give you two options. Agar tumhe lagta hai ke in kuch dinon me ek sath kaam karte karte hamara equation professional partners se friendship me badal gayi hai to is party ko personal samajh ke ajao. Aur agar abhi bhi tumhari nazar me hum dost nahi ban paye hain toh isko professional samajh kar aao. Kyunki mai ye party is centre ke establishment ke khushi me rakh raha hun. So technically professional partners hone ke naate tumhe is party me hona chahye. Ab professional reason keliye aana chaho ya personal reason se, the choice is completely yours" Raman tried his best to convince her.

She stared at him in deep thought. Not getting any response from her he spoke up "I hope I have convinced you enough. Bas itni hi tayyari karke aya tha mai. Isse zyada aur iske alawa aisa kya kehna hai jisse tum convince ho jao, I really have no idea" he admitted sheepishly.

Ishita could not contain her laughter and Raman too had to laugh at his own plight.

"Don't worry Mr.Bhalla. Isse zyada aur iske alawa apko aur kuch nahi kehna padega. I am already convinced" Ishita's words gave Raman a huge relief.

"Kab hai party?" She asked.

"Aaj rath 10 baje"

"Oh" she squirmed uncomfortably in her seat.

"Is there any problem? If it's about your parent's permission then I can talk to them. Tumhe convince kar liya, I am sure unko bhi kar hi lunga" Raman offered.

"Nahi it's ok. I will manage that. Mai aajaungi don't worry. Venue bata dijiye" she assured.

"You don't have to worry about the venue. Tum mujhe apna address bata do, mai tumhe around 9:00 pick karlunga" he smiled.