Chapter 30

Book recommendation:
Pyar Ki Khoj Mein: IshRa FF
By RecklessBeauty12345

Finding The Lost Souls
By albeli26

----------------

Raman went alone, the next day, to the hospital to collect the reports. There was no way he was letting Ishita set her foot in this dreaded place ever again. He hoped the reports to be normal and, in case, Ishita needed further treatment, he had decided to consult another doctor at another hospital. However he would keep pouring his generous donations to the hospital, as he considered that to be his redemption for his past sins.

Fortunately, the doctor seemed quite happy with Ishita's progress. She opined Ishita would not need further treatment as all her reports looked normal.

"But....." the doctor paused.

Raman felt his breath hitch at that breathtaking pause. "But?" He asked apprehensively.

"As I mentioned earlier, Ishita is suffering from retrograde amnesia. Mostly in such cases, the patients recover their memory after a certain period. In Ishita's case, it is quite strange that I don't see any chances of her memory getting recovered. Seems like she has blocked her past memory for a reason. It appears there has been something traumatic in her past that she doesn't want to recall" the doctor explained.

"If you don't mind me asking, did Ishita go through something terrible before her accident?" The doctor asked.

"Ermmm....aaa....actually...." Raman gulped nervously.

"It's alright if you don't want to share" she sensed his nervousness.

He nodded his head.

"I would like to add Mr.Bhalla that I cannot assure, if Ishita will ever be able to recover her memory. If she does, I would simply call it a miracle" said the Doctor.

Raman could not decide if he should be happy or upset about it. He would be lying blatantly, if he said that he wasn't happy to know that Ishita would hardly be able to recover her memory. More than happy, he was relieved.

His conscience mocked at him, when he heaved a sigh of relief. How mean and selfish could he be to rejoice over her loss?

He was frustrated at his own self, ashamed and exasperated, when he drove back home with her reports. The Bhallas were waiting for his return, hoping for a good news but they assumed otherwise looking at his state.

On being asked, he informed them that the reports were normal. He was in no mood to entertain further enquiries, so the Bhallas left him alone.

Owing to his habit, he buried himself with his files on his macbook trying to divert his mind from the current hot topic his mind kept going back to.

Ruhi strolled towards him in her walker and tapped above his knee with her little palm seeking his attention, which Raman was totally oblivious to. After her failed umpteenth attempts, she decided to do something that would bowl her father over.

"Paa....ppaaa...."

The little girl's loud squeal echoed in the confines of the Bhalla mansion making all heads turn towards her. Raman lost his grip on the macbook that was placed on his lap as he looked on stunned.