Chapter 24 (b)

Chapter dedicated to aaniya305

Recommended read:
The Real Lesson
(http://my.w.tt/UiNb/gHVsIE6mAy)
From - I Never Had A Love Story
By richajb

-----------

Flashback continues.....

"Raman bhai...." Mihika said in a flow as she narrated the happenings in Ishita's life post that night.

Raman, who had his head bent due to shame and guilt, surprised by the way she had addressed him, raised his head in a jerk and looked at her admiringly. This made Mihika realise what she had uttered.

"I hope you don't mind me calling you bhai" Mihika hesitantly spoke.

"Of course not" Raman assured her with a huge smile, the shame and guilt momentarily forgotten.

"Thanks" she smiled back at him.

"Bhai kehti ho, aur thanks bhi kehti ho?" Raman said.

"Okayyy...no thanks" Mihika chuckled.

"That's like my lil sis" Raman cheered.

Mihika smiled back at him widely.

Her phone buzzed breaking their little bro-sis moment.

"Haan Akka" she said picking up the call immediately.

Raman's heart did a somersault hearing the word 'Akka'. His ears stood up straight yearning to hear her soothing voice through Mihika's phone. Failing, yet not giving up, he continued to eavesdrop the conversation just because his heart craved to listen to her voice. He would find satisfaction in just her voice as he was sure he won't be able to see her.

"Abhi thodi der me nikal rahi hoon Akka. Bas ek dress alter hona baki tha, usi ka wait kar rahi thi....Haan mai seedhe Skill Devpt Centre aa jaungi. Aap wahin wait karna mera" said Mihika to Ishita on the call.

"Ab mujhe jaana chahiye. Akka mera wait kar rahi hain. Mujhe ek dress bhi pick karni hai" Mihika told Raman as she began to leave.

"Ok" Raman said with a heavy heart.

"Kya mai aap se ek favour maang sakti hoon?" Mihika halted as she remembered something.

"Bhai bulaya hai na. Haq se maango" Raman urged her to exercise her right over him.

"Toh kya aap Akka ko maaf kar sakte ho?" She baffled him with her request.

"Mihika...ye tum kya...." Raman was too stunned to make a coherent statement.

"Mujhe aisa lagta hai ke Akka ko pichle dinon jo bhi face karna pada, woh isliye kyunki unhone aap jaise bhale insan ka dil toda. But trust me bhai, unke bas me nahi tha. Subbu jiju se unki engagement ho chuki thi aur woh aise me aapka proposal nahi accept kar sakti thi. Par phir bhi unhone na chahte hue bhi aap ka dil toda hai, toh shayad isiliye bhagwan unhe iski saza de raha tha. Aap shayad unhein apne dil se ab tak nahi nikal paaye hain, Par please aap unhein dil se maaf kardo taaki unki aage ki zindagi me unhe koi takleef na ho" Mihika reasoned.

"Mihika...I don't know tum kya bol rahi ho. Mai kaise maaf...mujhe samajh me nahi aa raha" Raman did not have a reply for her. How could he make her understand that Ishita was never at fault. And even if she was, he could never wish anything bad for her. And why was she apologising on Ishita's behalf, while he should have been the one to apologise for all the misunderstandings and troubles his proposal had created for Ishita and her family.