Chapter 26

Chapter dedicated to AsraSiddiqa

Book recommendation:
The Way You Make Me Feel
ByGaya3sb

----------

Lost in the fragrance of passion and the feel of their bodies against each other, Ishita and Raman needed 3 loud knocks on the door to come out of the moment.

His lips were still glued on the nape of her neck and his hands fixed at her back, when a worried Mrs.Bhalla knocked on their door for the first time. At the second knock, Raman's fingers were on the clip that clutched her hair in a messy bun. As the silky tresses twirled before settling on her back, Ishita felt a stir of desires and she nuzzled her way to his Adam's Apple. That's when the door was banged mercilessly and they scurried out of each other's arms like they had been caught red-handed committing a grave sin.

Ishita quickly tied her hair in a bun and rushed to get the door. Raman threw her clip that was still in his hand under the pillow and straightened the creases on his shirt gifted by Ishita.

Ishita opened the door and nervously faced Mrs.Bhalla who checked out Ishita first and then peeped in to see Raman. Raman flashed an extra sugary...errr....extra toothy smile at her. She looked back at Ishita and was surprised to find a similar smile on her face too.

"Heeeee" Mrs.Bhalla flashed a toothy grin too and left the scene without a word. 'Lag toh sab theek raha hai. Mai toh awien pareshan hogayi thi Ishita ki cheekhein sunke. Lagta hai dono ne katti batti karli hai' she thought on her way back to her room.

Although Mrs.Bhalla's sudden appearance at their door and wordless return was quite strange, Ishita and Raman were too pre-occupied in their own bubble to give it a thought. Ishita did not dare glance back at Raman and she fled the room with a lame excuse. Raman ruffled his hair and went into a mode of self-analysis. Thankfully he decided to talk it out instead of harbouring another guilt for ages.

It wasn't a tough ordeal for Ishita to stay away from Raman owing to his injuries. He was tied to the bed and she tied herself with some unnecessary and unimportant tasks, just so that she could avoid an encounter with him.

Not seeing her come back till late, he knew she was avoiding him. He decided to wait until dinner for he was sure she would come to him with it. But to his utter dismay, Ishita sent the dinner through Simmi.

He frowned sadly when she didn't come to make Ruhi sleep, instead it was his mother who did the job. However, he knew she would have to come back to sleep. And with that hope, he limped towards the washroom with a change of clothes.

Ishita had used that opportunity and quickly sneaked in to keep his tablets and water on the side table. Rushing back to the kitchen, she busied herself in cleaning the dishes.

"Abhi tablet khaa lenge toh taqreeban adhe ghante me unko neend ajayegi. Aur tab tak mai apna ye kaam poora karlungi aur dheere se kamre me jaaungi taake unhe khabar hi na ho. Aur waise bhi unke uthne se pehle toh mai jaag hi jaati hoon" she plotted.

"Mujhse naraz ho?"

Ishita startled hearing a husky whisper from behind her. Raman held the plate in time which she was about to drop due to his sudden invasion in her territory. He shut the water tap off and turned her around holding her shoulders.