Chapter 18 (b)

Hi All!!!
Sneaking in some time between my classes and drafting the update...🙈

Chapter dedicated to akanksha_98 and richajb who have recently turned mute.
Come on guys I want to hear u...💕

Book recommendation  (IshRa):
Adhoore Hum Tere Bin
By Ashmiachoos

Book recommendation  (Others):
Billionaire's Heart
By sandyblush

------------

"Raman aapka ye blazer dhulne me jayega kya?" Ishita showed him the blazer he had thrown on the couch that afternoon in a hurry.

"Haan" he replied.

"Achha toh mai ise laundry basket me daal deti hoon" she said.

"Ruko mujhe dedo. Mai washroom jaa raha hoon kapde badalne keliye. Mai daal doonga" he offered.

"Theek hai" she said handing him the blazer and he turned towards the washroom with his necessities.

"Suno na" she called him behind his back.

"Haan bolo" he faced her.

"Aap na change karke hall me aajaana. Maine abhi tak apne shopping bags nahi khole hain Raman. Aap aajao toh sab ikhatte baithke dekhenge" she jumped like a baby.

He smiled widely and agreed to be there.

"Jaldi aana" she was thrilled.

"Haan baba. Jaldi aaunga" He chuckled.

He was throwing his blazer in the laundry basket when he heard a bang at the door of the washroom along with her call "Ramannn"

"Haaan?" He asked .

"Blazer dhulne daalne se pehle uske pockets check karlena. Neelu bata rahi thi ki pichli baar pocket me kuch paise mile the" she reminded.

"Haan theek hai" he said and checked the pockets.

A blue velvet box!
The blazer slipped his hands and he slumped on the floor near the bathtub.

He opened the box with shivering hands and stared at its content with blurry eyes.

He took out the gold band with a teardrop solitaire from its spongy bed and held it between his right thumb and index finger.

Seeing the image of a perfect family this morning, he had woven a dream of keeping this picture alive forever. He had decided to gift her this ring after returning from office and seal a deal of lifetime with her. A deal that would be sealed in her conscious state of mind, a new beginning in its true sense.

But what happened on his return had ruthlessly crumbled the dream not giving him an opportunity to strike the deal with her.

Once again!!! It had happened again!

He slipped the ring onto his palm and folded his fingers over it, just like she had done THAT NIGHT!!!