Chapter 32

Hi All!

Book recommendation:
Dil Ka Rishta
By Tanvi_4
'Coz m lovng it😍

--------------

Few weeks later

Bhalla house was in a festive mood gearing up for the Karvachaut celebrations.

Raman was unhappy about Ishita going without food and water the entire day for his long life, but Ishita was adamant she wanted to do it. However he had to give up and let her fast for him.

Ishita was all excited as this would be her first Karvachaut, by first she meant the first one she remembers.

She had knocked at her mother-in-law's door, reminding her to prepare the special meal for her. She offered help but Mrs.Bhalla strictly asked her to stay out of the kitchen.

As Mrs.Bhalla laid out the special meal on the dining table and took a seat across Ishita, they heard Ishita's room door click open.

"Raman! Aap kyun uthgaye?" Ishita asked surprised by his presence behind her.

"Sargi khaane keliye" he replied casually.

"Tujhe kab se sargi khane ka shouk lag gaya?" Mrs.Bhalla teased as she knew his dislike towards it.

"Shouk nahi hai maa, par rasam toh nibhani hogi na" he remarked.

"Kaisi rasam?" She asked puzzled.

"Vrat rakhne keliye sargi toh khaani padegi na" he stated.

"Tu vrat rakhega?" "Aap vrat rakhoge?" Mrs.Bhalla and Ishita asked at once.

"Haan...isme chounkne wali kya baat hai?" He shrugged and took a seat beside Ishita.

"Aap kyun vrat rakhoge Raman?" Ishita was still in shock.

"Tum kyun rakh rahi ho?" He asked back.

"Mai toh aapki lambi umr keliye rakh rahi hoon" she stated the obvious.

"Haan toh mai bhi tumhari lambi umr keliye rakh raha hoon" he replied.

"Par Raman...." she tried to argue.

"Aisi lambi umr ka mai kya karun, jisme tumhara sath na ho. Isiliye mai ye vrat rakh raha hoon taake jitni umr mai jiyoon, utni umr tum mere sath jiyo" he confessed looking deep into her eyes.

How could Ishita stop her heart from going awe over him? Itna Karo Naa Mujhe Pyar her heart sang.

"Haaye mai sadke jaawan" Mrs.Bhalla broke her knuckles at her temple warding off every evil eye from the lovely couple.

Ishita blushed at the remark and looked away. Raman gave a lop-sided dimply smile fascinated by the beauty of her blush.

"Ab chalo jaldi khaalo. Warna suraj nikal aaya toh bhooke pet hi vrat rakhna padega" Mrs.Bhalla reminded.

----------

Raman had laid out his clothes on the bed before going into the shower. Coming out of the shower, he started to get dressed and on tucking the buttons was surprised to find two buttons of his shirt missing.