Chapter 52

"Care to explain how?" Asked Mihika totally unconvinced.

"I am not worth him" Ishita collapsed on the chair nearby.

"Oh please! Stop giving me that crap for an explanation Akka. I am not going to buy it unless you give me a proper justification for the BIG act you put up in front of us" Mihika dismissed her explanation.

"Aur kya kahun Mihika? Yahi sach hai. I don't deserve him" she stated helplessly.

Mihika kneeled to her height, mellowed down a bit and holding her arms, calmly said "Ye sach nahi hai Akka. Sach toh ye hai ke he deserves you and you deserve him. You don't realise how fortunate you are to have someone like him who loves you beyond any limit"

"I do Mihika, I do realise. Aise pyar karnewale kismat walon ko hi milte hain. Mujhe pata hai ke agar maine unhe apna liya, toh woh mere khatir mujh tak aaniwali har gham, har takleef ko apna lenge. Par mai itni khudgarz nahi ho sakti ke apni khushiyon ke khatir unki takleef ki wajah banoon. Mere hisse ka gham, mere naam ki badnaami, mere gunahon ki saza woh kyun jhelein?" Ishita reasoned.

"Kounsa gham, kounsi badnaami aur kis gunah ki saza ki baat kar rahi ho aap?" Mihika failed to understand.

"Jaante hue anjaan mat ban Mihika. Maine apni diary padhli hai" she said.

"Oh! Toh aap uski baat kar rahi hain" Mihika realised what she was talking about. "Par Akka usme aapki kya galti thi? Aapki majboori thi na" Mihika said.

"Majboori ka naam mat de use Mihika. Jo bhi hua, jo bhi kiya, usme meri marzi shaamil thi" Ishita reprimanded Mihika.

"Par Akka...." Mihika tried to argue.

"No Mihku...Don't try to defend me without reason. I have read every single word of my diary" she remarked.

~Flashback~

(Note: Following is what Ishita read through her diary. I will write it from third person's POV, as writing from first person POV will take more writing. I intend to wind up this story soon.)

Ishita remembers having left 'the most memorable/unforgettable moment' column blank in the slam books of her friends from final year of graduation. It is not like she didn't have a single memorable moment in her life, but when she thought of penning them down, she wondered if those moments would remain memorable all her life? Her mind would go blank for an answer and hence she would leave the column blank.

But today, after her encounter with Ravan Kumar at Starbucks, she for sure knew that she would not forget this moment of her life, ever! Unless she has a memory loss 😂😂😂😂😂
'Memory loss Ishu? Seriously?' She chuckled at the thought.

If only, she knew that someday she would actually lose her memory!!!

After her embarrassingly memorable encounter with Ravan Kumar, she had concluded that he was rude, arrogant, stupid and a chauvinist. However their second meeting on the same day, completely changed her perspective about this man. She came to know him as THE Raman Kumar Bhalla, a young achiever, who was humble, down to earth, intelligent and above all gentlemanly. Quite contradictory to her earlier conclusion about his character, she had begun to admire the qualities of this man in front of her.

The glint in his eyes when he extended his hand forward for a shake, gave her a hint that he was already smitten by her. Having done her schooling and college in girl's institutions, she was not used to being around men, especially young men. Probably that was the reason, she suspected his moves and so had used the pretext of not mixing professional and personal lives, indirectly telling him to stay in his limits.