Chapter 45

A chotu update for now...

-----------

"Akka....Aapke liye koi parcel aaya hai" said Mihika.

"Mere liye? Is address pe?" Ishita wondered as she walked towards the main door where a delivery boy was waiting for her with her parcel.

The delivery boy handed her a brown paper bag.

To,
Ishita

was written in bold on the packet.

"Have a great day Ma'am" smiled the boy at her before leaving.

A bouquet of white lilies was inside the bag. She scanned the bouquet and found a card hanging at the corner.

She kept the bouquet on the table nearby and began to read the card.

'Yaqeen Hai Tumhe Jiske Pyar Par
Karke Dekhlo Uspe Bhi Eitbaar
Hoon Tumse Milne Keliye Beqarar
Karunga Aaj Shaam Chath Par Tumhara Intezaar'

It didn't take her more than a second to guess who the sender was. She was still in a dilemma how to react for the gift and the note, when Mihika asked "Kisne bheja hai Akka?"

"Pata nahi" she said putting up a cold face and walked away abandoning the flowers and the note on the table.

Mihika read the note and came to know that her guess was right. She already knew it could be none other than Raman. Her sister's reaction told her that she was not yet ready for the confrontation. "I wish I could help you Jiju" she thought aloud.

----------

Evening had turned into night, Raman was still waiting at the terrace hopeful she would come.

From the embarrassing yet memorable first meeting to their painful yet hopeful last meet, he remembered every single moment he spent with her as he waited for her patiently.

Repenting over the mistakes he had commited, regretting the wrong decisions he had made, realising the effect of his actions on Ishita's life, he walked towards the edge of the terrace. In his reverie, he failed to see a few hollow pipes that were thrown at the edge of the terrace and stepped on them. He lost his balance, slipped and was thrown off the terrace. He tried to hold on to something but everything happened so quickly that he could not save himself from the fall.

Thudddddddd

Startled with the loud thud, Ishita jerked up from her bed. Tensed, she looked around as her heart threatened to jump out of its chamber. Her feet, on its own accord, led her to the stairs that connected to the building's terrace. She ditched the elevator as she could not wait for it to reach her floor and  she jumped two steps at a time in a hurry to reach him.

Reaching the terrace, she worriedly searched for Raman. When she spotted his silhouette under the moonlight, she leant back on a wall, closed her eyes and breathed a sigh of relief. That's when she realised that Raman's fall was just a part of her subconscious imagination as she lied on her bed thinking of him. She was aware he would wait for her all night, although she had decided not to meet him, her mind kept going back to him. She was worried for him but at the same time did not want to show him her concern. In a half-asleep state she had a nightmare of Raman falling off the terrace.