열두 (chanyoung)

<Chan>

"Channy~ are you staying in school today too?" Hansol whined.

"Sorry Hansol I would love to hang out with you but I have a competition to prepare for with the rest of the dance crew."

Hansol sighed, defeated, before lifting his bag up from the floor and waved over his shoulder as he walked out of the class room.

Chan waved back and walked out after packing up his things and went to his locker to get his dance clothes. Grabbing them, he headed to the toilet to change.

He made his way hurriedly to the dance room after changing. By the time he reached, all other members were present. Seungkwan, Jihoon, Seungcheol, Jun and Minghao were all mucking around.

"Hey guys! You all have the choreography down right? How're you holding up Jun?"

"I'm good now. My ankle is all healed and Minghao taught me the dance. I might make a few mistakes so could you watch us all dance first then point out any mistakes we make?"

Chan smiled and plugged his phone into the speaker Jihoon had brought. The music started playing and the boys got into formation, starting the dance that was familiar to both his body and eyes.

Watching the rest of his team closely as they danced, he started clapping after they had finished.

"That was close to perfect guys. Seungcheol, you have to make sure your leg doesn't kick too early because you weren't in sync with the rest. Jun, that was great but some parts you need to do a little faster, you're not following the music fast enough. Also your footwork's a little messy but with a bit more practice you should be good."

Dino started the music before getting to his spot. Dancing for the next two hours, they had finally completed learning the dance to perfection but not before sweating buckets to get there.

"Ok thanks a lot for practicing so hard for this! I'll be ready with the next choreography by tomorrow ok? We'll be able to learn it in record time, I just  know it!" Chan said enthusiastically even though he was dead tired.

One by one, they all left, leaving their poor leader (ik I'm being mean haiz) to figure out the only half finished choreography. They would be preforming with an original song written by Jihoon, and the rap parts they had help from Hansol, Mingyu, and Wonwoo.(vote if u know what song this is right after u say this a/n 😏) They still needed to find someone to sing the parts Jihoon said "needed a special one". Chan had sung those parts as a filler until that "someone" could be found.

The ahjumma that helped clean the school suddenly knocked on the door, scaring Chan out of his thoughts. She told him warmly that she had to clean the dance room so he would have to go else where to practice. He packed up his stuff quickly and walked out after saying goodbye to the nice ahjumma. Racking his brain for a place to practice, he only could think of one decent place to choreograph the dance.

Chan headed to the school's main assemble hall, the school around him dead silent save for his light footsteps. He stood in front of the school hall, before pushing the door open with a slight creek. Turning on the lights, he held his breath as he made his way up the stage.

He had always envied the students that came up here to perform, looks of happiness on their faces. This time, it was gonna be his turn on stage, performing a choreogpraphy not made yet.(let's just pretend fronting has a choreo reaallllll quick) He started the music and started practicing the parts he had already figured out. Letting the song wash over him, he slowly choreographed the next minute of the song.

The last minute was the hardest. He had tried and failed multiple times to fit the perfect steps into the song and let it flow smoothly but everything he had tried so far was choppy and terrible.

Letting loose a frustrated shout, he did it again when he heard clapping by the door.

"Wow!! That was some serious stuff right there! I haven't seen you around, are you maybe a freshman?" A boy called from the wall he was leaning against.

Chan assessed the boy carefully. Average height, sharp cat like eyes, platinum blonde hair, a sweater with jeans and a pair of red converse.

"Yeah I am. Who's asking?"

The boy flashed a thousand watt smile before answered."My name's Soonyoung. Are you the prodigy dancer Lee Chan?"

His eyes widened in surprise. This boy knew who he was? Prodigy?

"Um... I wouldn't say I'm a prodigy but I would like to think I'm pretty good."

Soonyoung made his way up the stage slowly, making Chan's hand start to get clammy. When he had stopped just a few feet from Chan, he pointed to his phone with a questioning look.

"Oh! The school is holding a performance for the parents so my friends and I wanted to take part. We had a song composed and everything. it's just that I kinda need to make a choreography to match the song."

"Hmm... Well I could help you?" Soonyoung asked with a thoughtful face.

"Really? Oh thank the heavens I was ready to burn all my hair away as a sacrifice so the song God can help me out." Chan joked.

Soonyoung let out a loud laugh that bounced off the silent walls.

Another half an hour, and the whole song was filled with fantastic moves, if Chan did say so himself. Soonyoung had been a great help. He had helped modify the parts he had already choreographed and also joined the last minute of the song to the rest of the song properly.

Chan was extremely grateful for the help from Soonyoung but he just waved it off and asked for his number in return. Chan gave it to the older boy immediately, for who knows? Maybe he could help him out a second time.

*

HIIIIII sorry sch has started so my updates are gonna be really slow :((
sOOOO about that new book ;)) I'll be releasing it the moment im done editing and writing it ✔️ hope u guys will be looking forward to it <333 luv u guys bYEEEE 💘💞☺️

*