스물 둘 (junhao)

<Minghao>

<sad music time guyssss ;) >

Grey. The sky, his boots, the buildings, all grey.

Leaves crunched under his feet as he walked through the park. The red bars of the bridge were a bright contrast compared to the fullness of the cold autumn turning winter.

Everyone he knew, everything he was, all he had done, flashed before his eyes. All his family members, from his parents, to his many siblings. Next came the experiences. Memories of friends past and present flew by. Laughing, crying, fighting with family and friends. 20 years worth of anger, happiness, surprise, sadness, confusion and more flooded him.

Then came the pain. Oh, the pain. A decades worth of that pain. In the alleys behind school, abandoned houses, and places that were a blur to him. It came, whether in small doses, or dragging him down into its depths. Sometimes it was bearable, and at times it filled him so completely that the world around him would becomes colourless, dull, just like now.

Swinging his legs over the edge of the bridge with cat-like grace, he glanced down.

Below lay his river. The river he had always relied on to take away the pain. The river he had always loved. And this time, the river was going to help get rid of the stabbing feeling in his chest, forever. He barely felt the wind pick up around him as he leaned forward.

Closing his eyes, he stepped forward.

Before a pair of warm arms grabbed his waist, preventing him from the relief he he had so desperately wanted. Kicking and yelling, he was pulled back over the railing and put on the cold wood.

Warm brown eyes flecked with golden looked at him with what was... perhaps concern? How long had it been since he had seen that look directed at him? Five years, maybe six. Everyone that had cared so passionately at first had burned out the quickest, leaving him to the cages of the devil. Watching rosy lips form words, he noted how they were slightly chapped. Probably from the cold. The nose and cheeks of this one was a slight red, making him look like one of those pretty porcelain dolls.

"-You alright?"

This total stranger was asking him if he was okay. It was a foreign thing for Minghao, for many had given up and left over the years. And without any consent, a warm feeling spread in his ice cold heart.

"I'm fine." Minghao replied, staggering to his feet, and his own voice sounding like he was underwater and had a gag over his mouth.

"You look pale. Come on, let's get you to a cafe and get a hot drink in you." The stranger clasped Minghao's hand in his own, grabbed his elbow to support him, and tugged him gently to the cafe.

At the odd time of dusk, many were out having a nice dinner or having a home cooked meal, so the cafe only had a few lone customers.

The bright yellow colours of the cafe assaulted his eyes, forcing him to slam them shut until he got used to the lighting. A gentle hand guided him to a table tucked away right in the corner. Minghao opened his eyes slowly, watching the stranger stroll to the cashier. A few minutes of intense staring and the stranger came back with two steaming drinks.

"I'm not sure what you wanted so I got you the same thing as me. I just hope you like cinnamon." The stranger said rather sheepishly.

Minghao raised his eyebrows. And he thought he was the only one that liked cinnamon on top of his drinks.

They stayed silent for awhile, Minghao looking out the window at the slowly changing colours of the trees, painted from orange to red by the setting sun. He felt the stranger shifting his gaze from place to place at the corner of his eye, distracting him slightly.

"So... I don't think I've introduced myself. My name's Jun. What about you?"

Minghao gave a weak smile just to please him."My name's Minghao."

Pausing, the stranger, Jun asked,"I know it's none of my business... but why were you about to jump?"

Minghao stared down at his drink, thinking of how to answer Jun.

"I've been in pain for awhile actually. A really long while. I'm not sure what made me want to do it today... I guess I just made up my mind."

Jun listened intently to Minghao, even declining a few calls, and dismissing them as "unimportant", which made Minghao's heart flutter, because this stranger, Jun, he was ignoring other people for him. The loser. The ghost.

Three hours later and they had finished their drinks, exchanged numbers, and talked all about their lives. Hobbies, people, surroundings. Minghao had poured every single thread of pain out to Jun, a complete stranger that was willing to listen.

The more he stared at Jun, the more he fell. The curve of his lips, his shiny brown hair, beautiful eyes, lean body. Everything was perfect. Jun was perfect. Not just looks wise, Jun was perfect in everyday. Kind, caring, attentive, everything.

Jun had walked of the cafe with Minghao in tow. Turning around abruptly as they exited, he stopped.

"Minghao, I can't promise I'll be the best friend. I can't promise I can take care of you the best. I can't promise that I'll be able to protect you from everything and everyone. But, if you ever need me, I'll be there in a heartbeat. If you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here. I'll be here as long as you need me. Always."

*

lol nic why do u do this to urself all the time :') anyway IM LIKE SO DONE WITH MYSELF CAUSE I UPDATED TWO OR THREE WEEKS AGO PLS GET OUT CAISCAIAVAJ. sOo like nobody requests so I'm a little sad :( it's ok tho I still love writing so I don't think I'll stop. I don't even have time to update my other books except get out cause it's a shit book AS SHIT AS MEEE~ kk it's like 11 here rn so I'm going to sleep!! ily guys a lot a lot a lot 💓💓💓💓💞💞✔️✔️

*