∞ Author's Note & Acknowledgments ∞

My dear reader, I'm thrilled that you've reached this far in my story! Thank you for all your votes, and those of you who've commented as well, I appreciate that very much. 

I know, I know, you were looking for the next chapter! ;-)

I promise, I'm working on it! Updates are currently at 2 chapters a month, so... make sure this book is in your library and follow me so you'll get notified as soon as the next chapter is published – you won't want to miss a single thing! Just be aware: I am now reaching a very difficult section of the plotline for my story... Apoc's people keep throwing up roadblocks! LOL. 

I am writing with the mindset that the way Apoc responds to the situation is very likely the way a person in his role would act if the situation were actually happening in reality. Similarly, the actions and reactions of Weaver and sundry police, agents, and air force personnel. I am trying to avoid 'Hollywoodizing' as much as I can in this regard. For this, I have Echo4Echo to thank: he is in the 'driver's seat' of Apoc (and Weaver), and I am trying to get around him! ;-) 

So my apologies if my updates occasionally end up being delayed... you'll understand that it's because Mickmi and Danny's situation is getting very tricky indeed!

FYI: I guesstimate this story will be about 120 chapters long, based on my current pacing of story days, this latest day (Day 16) taking 9 chapters to complete.

And when I've completed this, the first book, I can start on the sequel. I already had a completed sequel written; however, based on the new developments, it is not relevant anymore. The future story will be a totally different story from the one I originally had in mind.... hehe...

A reminder, if you haven't done so already: An additional bonus to you, is if you follow me, kemorgan65—because then you'll also get notified when I start publishing the sequel or write other exciting stories. I already have a few posted on my page that you can check out.

Many thanks to MontshoAmen, IngaMorganFrode92evilousTucker, VagrantDust, and the #NBR community, as well as Echo4EchoJorkamtlryder and her husband ritzar12 for their expertise, AmericanBruja as  WayfarersLamppost, and MichaelHoliday – for constructive feedback & assisting me in developing or refining certain scenes!

Walk good... and see you in the next chapter!

—kemorgan65

9/Aug/2017

Updated 18/Jun/2020