+ i s a b e l l a +

After I got off the call with Matt, I didn't know what to do. I paced back and forth in my room, I laid on the bed, I tried reading a book while waiting for Matt.

I grabbed my cell and called Madison. I didn't have anyone else I could talk to about everything that has been going on.

"Hey Isabella", Madison chirped," what's up?"

"Umm well you won't believe what just happened tonight."

I told Madison everything that has happened and she was in complete shock. Just like I was when everything was going down.

"So where does this leave things with you and Matt?", she asked.

" I don't know. Nowhere really."

"Let me ask again where does this leave your feelings about Matt?", she said.

"Well.... I mean today I was happy. He made me happy. Then, he tells me that he would rather be with Estelle. I was sad. He cause me to feel sad. He then punches Cameron. I mean i knew he didn't like Cameron but still."

I heard Madison sigh," do you still love him?"

"I-I jus-", I said before I heard the door being opened," hey Madison I gotta go. He's here."

"Alright. Hey Isabella just him how you really feel. See you soon", she said before hanging up.

I turn off my phone and leave my room. I see Matt so happy. I guess he had a fun time with Estelle before coming to me.

"Hey babe", Matt said giving me a hug.

When he said that, I almost fell to my knees. Hearing him say that made my stomach drop and my heart to beat faster than anything.

I smiled," hey Matt."

"Okay i know you said you wanted me back, but it's such a beautiful night. Let's go to the roof.", Matt said handing me my jacket, shoes, and a blanket.

I really didn't want to go up there, but I knew there was no way stopping Matt when he had an idea like this.

+

When Matt opened the door to the rooftop, I felt the cool breeze blow in my face. I crossed my arms across my chest.

It was beautiful night.

There were so many stars outside. An infinite amount of stars. I looked at the city. It was dark outside, but the city shined so bright it was almost as if I forgot what it's like being in the dark.

I walked to a small box and sat on top of it. Matt sat next to me. He put the blanket around us.

"Bella I-"

"Matt I-"

We said simultaneously.

"You go first", he smiled.

Oh god that smile. This was going to be hard.

I sighed," Matt I umm I need to talk to you about something important."

He furred his eyebrows together," about?"

"Everything", I said," well I was thinking... maybe we shouldn't continue the friends with benefits. We should focus more on the friends and drop the benefits part."

I couldn't read matts face. I don't know how he's feeling.

"Why?", he asked.

"Because, it's complicated things. Us... As friends."

He stared out to the city," no it didn't. We're still close and best friends."

"Matt, when was the last time we actually talked about everything that's going on?"

"Well... You know...", Matt said.

"Exactly."

God I love Matt so much and I hate that I'm ending this. I won't feel his touch anymore. I looked down and started scratching off paint on the box.

"So you're scared that we're going to stop being friends, because of the sex?",he asked looking at me.

"Yeah and I really like being your best friend. I can tell you everything, but what if one of us started to develop feelings? We wouldn't be able to tell each everything and then everything will get awkward. I just don't want that."

"What's so bad if we do end up liking each other?", he sighed.

"One of us may end up hurt, and I don't want that. Maybe now we can go back to the way things used to be."

Matt stayed quiet for a bit. I was starting to get scared. I know Matt loves sex, but I just don't want my feelings for him to grow more than they already have.

"Okay", Matt said.

++++++++++++++++

cliffhanger? Idk

Was this hard to write? Most definitely.

Actually this chapter made me sad. Matt was about to confess and Isabella didn't want to confess.

Idk how to end this story tbh.