0.1

harry styles is in the kitchen finishing off his breakfast. the sun rays illuminate all the white surface of the kitchen counter, the fridge, walls and the floor to even be whiter. near the window is his mother, busy texting on her iphone 8s+. he opens his mouth to speak to her but shuts it – what is he to say anyway?

they are not a close-knit family like the rest of britain nor do they sit down at the table like all families do. he does not know where his father is because he is always traveling his mother is always on her phone or out drinking champagne with her drunken, single friends. she regrets marrying his father and having a child too early – way too early even though she is 46 years old.

so what happens? harry's life schedule is practically the same: school and home; his extracurricular activities are parties, girlfriends and other snobby activities that he does not mind doing. not forgetting applying for ivy leagues...

yes his girlfriend, taylor waldorf, is something he considers an activity! she is some piece of work really. i mean going to milan in the spring, la in the summer, jo'burg in christmas, and paris in the new year with his girlfriend year in year out since they were in middle school, it really is. it did not help matters that their parents were really, really good friends and guess what, those ladies harry's mother goes drinking champagne with? taylor's mother, eleanor is one of them.

friends? ha! nothing to say about them. they are shitty and superficial. and rich. which he is. he did not like saying it but he lives in a world that money talks and money is the way the world works and that is all he has ever known since growing up. money, money, money. money was everything, and everything is money. those are the rules.

"i have to go to school," harry says out loud but to no one in particular. one of the maids rushes in to the kitchen and takes away his bowl of breakfast and his glass of juice. "thank you."

"don't harry, i've warned you so many times," anne huffs, her fingers tapping her phone.

"sorry," he murmurs rolling his eyes. he stands up and his mother has not budged. he is tempted to wish her a good day but shakes his head and heads out for the door.

"aim for the ivy leagues!"

"whatever," he murmurs. he walks down the stairs of his mansion and enters the back of the black, sleek car with his chauffeur waiting inside.

at school, he meets up with zayn and his girlfriend, gigi, in the parking lot. it is habit really, they do not do much in the parking lot at 7:35am but it is to pass time until 8 o'clock.

he walks to zayn's car and meets gigi halfway talking about something that happened last night. "...so then maggie was like running out the house and like she fell down, her ass in the air, and like her brother runs after her in like only his boxers and guess what?"

"what girlfriend?" zayn asks.

harry zones and just, well, stares at people driving, walking, cycling and whatever into school with nothing much holding down their shoulders. like this kid who walks in with just his skateboard, jet black hair with far too much gel and oh gosh, what are those on his feet? slippers? since when are slippers in fashion?

finally the bell rings and he walks behind zayn and gigi, his eyes darting to other people in his school. lately his mind had been somewhere else – he had been thinking, of course about ivy leagues, but mainly about his friends, about real love. what zayn and niall (his other super rich friends) were to him is not real, not friendship with love but convenience. the three of them were super rich kids (niall the richest out of the three of them) so obviously they would be together, they spent their weekends together ever since he can remember, they dated the same girls which was sad because...