0.15

(liam beats harry in tennis matches with the scores 6-1, 7-0, and 5-3. they both sit down on the benches by the tennis court, relaxing at the country club sihaz london country.)

liam: (panting) you're pathetic at tennis, you know that?

harry: (wiping sweat off his forehead with a towel) it's agonizingly hot for may.

liam: (chuckles) blaming the sun? dick move h.

harry: yeah, yeah. you weren't stuck in st. barth's the whole of easter so obviously you've been training.

liam: (pulls out a bottle of water from his bag) if you called me for swimming or something, then yeah, you would've won.

harry: (glancing at liam drinking water) next time i'm going to call you.

liam: what's going on? you called me out of the blue to come play tennis when you're always back the exact week we start school from the holidays.

harry: (slightly panting) ivy leagues are hard, you know that.

liam: (unconvinced) bullshit h. it's me, you don't need to lie.

harry: you're right.

liam: well? (harry blushes, keeps quiet) does it have anything to do with the louis guy in our english class? (cockily smiles) my best friend louis?

harry: (fake gasp) i thought i was your best friend?

liam: (shrugs) you moved down. i can't be best friends with someone who sucks at tennis (winks)

harry: (smirks, turns thoughtful) why? why him though?

liam: in the world we live in, ruled by bank accounts and blood lines, it pays to have a friend who is not wired by these rules. he doesn't care about the payne name, or who i'm dating, which ivy i'll be attending after i finish high school, my parents connections with the outside world, he is perfect. and i'm happy to call him my brother.

harry: sounds perfect.

liam: like vanessa.

harry: don't you ever think he's using you because you know...

liam: i did at first when he asked to borrow my ferrari. but that's only cause later he explained his mother was in labor with the twins. other than that, he didn't. plus he does not want to be part of our world anyhow.

harry: (curious) why?

liam: you know why.

harry: is...is he da-dating anyone?

liam: right now, nope. he's been single for a while (sees harry's lips tug upwards) not a lot of openly gay people in school.

harry: there's me.

liam: you're bi.

harry: (snorts) because that's the issue?

liam: you're not as open about it as he is.

harry: (groans, gives up) ugh! fine. his exes?

liam: (perks up) oooh this sounds fun. his first girlfriend was some hannah girl, didn't end well because he was auditioning for x factor to be a singer.

harry: he sings?

liam: yeah. then after, he dated (shaking head) some briana j girl which was a horrible mistake (yelps) oh no, before that was eleanor calder. she was gorgeous as hell. fuck, sometimes i would fuck her (quickly adds) in my mind of course (as if in a trance) in my mind (harry clears throat) oh right, then they broke up. he came out of the closet, it didn't end well. she outted him to the school and i then fucked her.