0.8

Harry hears a loud thud in his room. He flutters his eyes open and immediately turns on his bedside lamp and sits up right. It is McKenzie donned in a black hoodie, a short pink dress with black Chuck Taylor's on her feet. Not forgetting her trademark bushy eyebrows.

"What the hell K?!" he yells at her. She shuts the window and plops down on his bed. Harry's heart beat is high and it is taking a long time to go down because I mean, it could have been a robber.

"Wake up, we're going out."

"I don't want to go to a club K, it's 3 in the morning for crying out loud," he grunts, his voice heavy with sleep.

"Don't be a puss Mr Styles. I told you I would make sure Niall paid for cheating on me and for Taylor and Brittany for being assholes of a friend for not telling me when they are my best friends."

"You need to do this at 3 in the morning? Honestly I thought your adventures were y'know reserved for after school?"

She inches closer to Harry and tells him in a low voice, her eyes showing betrayal. "I know it's dumb and I'm probably acting out and Taylor has been there for me since I don't even know but she's my best friend and she shouldn't have slept with my boyfriend Niall. And I know our gang has fooked morals and only see money as the ultimate but it shouldn't be and I can't believe it took me this long to figure this out."

Harry rolls his eyes. It looks like he is not going back to sleep. He gets off his bed, his ding-a-long hanging low. McKenzie has a huge smile on a face when Harry gets ready and he comes out two minutes later with matching black converses. McKenzie winks and they are off for whatever adventure McKenzie has planned.

"Where are we going?" he asks seated in the driver's seat.

"Thank you for not asking more questions," she tells him. She reaches into her tiny, red sling bag and removes a yellow sticky note. "These are the things we're fixing tonight, we're turning the world around. Now drive to the Mall."

"We're shopping at 3AM?" Harry blabs out loud. "Why are we shopping now? I thought we're ruining Niall's life?"

"Yes but we can't do that empty handed," she says. Harry nods and drives them in his Range Rover to the mall. Surprisingly, there are a number of cars in the parking lot and Harry wonders what they are doing there. He locks the car and follows McKenzie who is skipping towards it. He looks at the list and honestly he does not understand the items on the list. He knows what they are but does not understand why they need them – for example mayonnaise.

"Why?" he asks.

"Patience my love," she winks. "Now grab the trolley."

Walking down the aisles, McKenzie picks the items and Harry ticks them off, one by one. Back in the car Harry asks what is the plan finally.

"Our adventure begins," she says dramatically, "and we start with Niall. And we aren't going to enter through the door because obviously the butler will call Niall so we enter through the garage which I left open when I went by yesterday while picking up Taylor."

"She spent the night?"

"Yeah but not with the goat," she winks. "Niall acts all tough and shit but he is worried about his future and that's why he is hanging out with Taylor, she can help him get into Princeton."

"He can by himself."

"Have you seen his grades? Not even those can save him from going to a normal university like Newcastle or something. Stop the car!"

Harry slams on the breaks and he looks around. They are a little off Niall's mansion in the wee hours of the morning. Harry feels adrenaline rushing through him. He turns to McKenzie who is stuffing the items they had bought into her red sling bag. He follows her out and they naturally jump over the hedge and tip toe past Niall's pool.