0.19

harry settles by the poolside and places his laptop onto his lap. it is time he got serious about louis, or rather start with louis. he did get louis' number through snooping on one of liam's phone.

see before louis came along, harry found it easy to talk to people, text them, call them, skype them, whatever, because really it was others who did the initiating a conversation for him not him. girls at the country club, girls at tennis, girls and boys in school (and sometimes staff) everywhere people talked to him so it made it easier for him. until now.

now he had to talk first and he did not know what to do. so of course he did not talk to mckenzie on texting louis (she would say no to helping him anyhow), liam would made sexual innuendos the whole time and that is where his list ends because really he cannot ask anyone else.

he types into the google search engine "texting" and different oxford definitions pop up. well, rather "text" not texting. the first reads:

a piece of written or printed material regarded as conveying the authentic or primary form of a particular work.

not what he is looking for. the next oxford definition reads:

a script or libretto.

what is a libretto anyway?

a textbook.

is this even a definition? honestly oxford...

a passage from the bible or other religious work, especially when used as the subject of a sermon.

clearly oxford is high on drugs and this is getting out of hand.

"stupid oxford definitions," he grumbles. he types again into the search engine "how to text" because yes, he is desperate and two, he has to talk to louis without liam being in the middle. or rather, liam tells him what louis is doing, he asks what exactly louis is doing and liam does not reply. it had been an option to ask for louis' number but he just could not do it. nerves and all.

he reads the options that google bring and they are:

4 ways to text

how to text message someone you like

how to talk text (with pictures)

sexting made easier

how to have a meaningful text message

waiting for the second link to load, he clicks his fingers and the bartender rushes to him . he orders for a drink and then turns his attention back to his macbook screen. finally his cold drink comes forth and he takes a sip reading through the wikihow link on how to text message someone you like.

honestly it is turning out great because he is learning a lot more about texting than he knew. who knew texting was so much work and truthfully he will need all these points when it comes to texting louis. he scrolls down to the tips part and scans through them but the last one catches his eye. it reads:

don't wait for them to talk to you first because odds are they're waiting for the same thing. say "hi" first.

"doubt it," mumbles harry.

"talking to yourself baby?" ask taylor who is getting a tan on the seat near him.

"like always," niall mumbles.

"turn around, you're getting burnt."

taylor scowls and turns around and niall chuckles a little. he sets aside his laptop and takes his phone off the table to his right and begins texting louis. according to the wikihow page it states the first step is: greet the person respectfully.