0.25

liam shuts off the engine and gets out of his car heading to taylor's door.

yesterday liam slept with a grin on his face because one, he felt that harry was trusting him again and second, he did not try to jump off when he was on the roof. his rooftop incidences are never good, always bad news, but yesterday he just smoked some kush, drank one beer and that was it. liam smiled because he knew that somehow louis being in his life is a good thing because louis' compassion is louder than harry's demons.

liam rings the doorbell and out emerges a housekeeper. he informs her that he needs to immediately speak to taylor and she nods, telling him that taylor is up in her room. he heads upstairs knowing where to go as he has been here before, not just in the day.

taylor turns her attention from her phone to see liam stepping onto the large balcony. she rolls her eyes and goes back to typing on her phone. "i'm busy liam."

"you're never busy for me."

"i'm not fooking you. i'm with harry now," she says, "in case your dim brain did not realize that."

liam takes out his dunhill packet and lights up his cigarette. he takes two drags, and tells her he missed her. "you and i haven't hanged out in a long time, we should do it again."

"you haven't found anyone knew to keep on your leash?"

"none as good as you," he smiles at her. he takes another drag.

"smoking isn't good for you," she says, huffing in annoyance. she puts her phone upside down on the table. "harry isn't responding to my texts. maybe i should go over there."

"maybe you shouldn't," he disagrees with her, "he's busy."

"what are you doing here?" she wonders. her eyes are glossed with blankness. "you never come over unless you want something or you're an ass."

liam crushes his cigarette on the table, ignoring taylor's death glares. "you need to leave harry alone. he's doing better without you constantly in his life, making demands and whatnot because you've got him on a blackmail leash, along with three-quarters of the school."

"in your dreams."

"stop telling your father to mess with his father's company, making up fake allegations about corruption, fraud, and whatnot just so that he knows that he can't leave you or else poor daddy with be broke."

"that's not how it works. he loves me."

liam lets out a dry laugh. "love is money in the world we live in."

"you're just here because of that louis kid," she says, facing him proper, "who just happens to be your ugly best friend. but this is harry, he is just infatuated by him and a few days later, harry will have someone new to be lusting over. he always comes back to me." liam steals a glance at her. "remember vanessa?"

"so?"

"so, this is vanessa all over again. he thinks he has found love for the very first time because louis is different, and kind, and sweet, and not snobby like us? please!", she snorts rolling her eyes, "it's all a lie." she adds firmly, "and besides, he is not gay."

"louis is gay."

she almost screams at him. "harry isn't gay!"

"true because he is bisexual," liam says calmly bringing his cigarette to brush his lips. "but details, right?"

"what's your point?"

he gets off his chair and faces her, his aura now serious. "you're new money taylor, all of you are and you seem to always be forgetting that." taylor's breathes in, then out. "do i need to remind you?"

"no." she swallows hard. "you don't need to."

liam walks over to her and looks her straight in the eye, locking her body against the window to the balcony. "if you pull the same stunt you did with vanessa to make louis run away, i'll end you this time taylor without blinking."

"you-you wo-wouldn't dare," she shakily says. her palms are flat against the window, her pupils dilated in fear. "you wouldn't liam. this is beyond even you. you're not that mean."

"you know why this time i won't go easy on you?" he pauses, and taylor does not say anything. weirdly, she is turned on right now by liam's machismo act. "louis is my best friend and i'd do anything for him. if he's hurt, you're back to illinois." she swallows. "and you know i never joke about that."

"you said you wouldn't tell anyone about illinois."

"no one knows but us two as long as louis and harry are both fine." he takes a step back and smiles at her. "have a great night." and with that he steps into her bedroom, making his way to his jeep.

---

liam and that lambo of his will be the death of mE