0.50

in our world louis, we judge each other, we tear each other around like wolves, we don't care who we hurt as long as we get what we want.

(LOUIS TOMLINSON and LIAM PAYNE are in the football field after school for football practice. They are currently on a 15-minute break.)

LIAM: (panting) Shit! If I knew football was this intense I'd have chosen cricket. Actually, I am going to play cricket from now on. (gasping) It's much simpler.

LOUIS: It's boring.

LIAM: Say that to Gupta and he'll kill you.

LOUIS: (turns to face LIAM, worried) Do you really think that Anne was lying about saying I should be the one to take Harry for the Debutant Ball?

LIAM: (nodding) Most definitely. Nobody says the truth around here. Only lies we tell each other to get what we want. Somehow, Anne does not want her son to take Taylor for the Ball for some selfish reason she has... Or because Tay grew fat.

LOUIS: Superficial.

LIAM: (winks) Aren't we all?

LOUIS: Is this about money? (to himself) It always is anyway.

LIAM: You don't have much. So it isn't money. Money isn't the prize that everyone wants in our world, it's just the X.

LOUIS: What do you mean 'the X'?

LIAM: You know like in a treasure map, X marks the spot? (LOUIS nods) Well it's like that with us. Money is the X mark, and the treasure is what we really want.

LOUIS: What do you think Anne wants from me?

LIAM: I don't think this is all about you. It seems it's more about the Waldorf family.

LOUIS: (curious) Did they do something?

LIAM: They're always doing something. (stretches his legs out in front of him) Fook, why is it so hot this summer?

LOUIS: (dry) It's July. So what she said about not knowing Harry, him changing, about my sexuality...

LIAM: I wouldn't say they are all lies. Anne really doesn't know her son. All she does is party with her single friends every other day.

LOUIS: That's sad.

LIAM: (teasing) My parents spend half their time across the globe, you never say sad.

LOUIS: Cause you're Liam Payne (winking) Power of Payne !

LIAM: So are you taking him for the Ball?

LOUIS: (blushing) He has so many offers, why should I take him?

LIAM: Rumor's going round that he wants you to take him to the Ball.

LOUIS: What about Taylor? Kendall? Brittany? Cathy?... The red-headed girl in Chemistry ? Or that girl with the broken glasses?

LIAM: (frowning) Haylor is over, why would he want to go with his ex ?

LOUIS: Maybe he's had a sudden liking to her again.

LIAM: Yuck ! Spit it out ! Don't curse us again with the return of Haylor.

LOUIS: (casually) Who are you taking ?

LIAM: Not changing the subject (LOUIS remains silent) What's stopping you from asking him to the Ball?