0.29

bad news for harry, his father is back, and he has been for two days now and it feels like hell. conveniently his mother left three days ago to thailand for a retreat with her single friends. it is not going well for harry because all his father ever talks about is rejection from oxford (harry cannot say that he got accepted because the dean is yet to send the acceptance letter), princeton, columbia amongst other ivy leagues. he reminds him that he should get accepted into harvard or yale (if not both) or else he will kiss taking over the family company for good.

as if this is not bad enough, niall tags along, thanks to a persistence dr styles who insists that since niall is harry's best friend (as far as dr styles know), he should come along for a round of golf and beer afterwards. of course, niall accepts and tags along for the whole afternoon.

it is now almost 6 o'clock and it does not look like he is going home any time soon, nor does niall look like he is leaving. he sighs, pocketing out his phone as the three of them wait for their beers at the table.

still no texts, calls, or video chats from louis. he sent him texts even on whatsepp and there are the blue texts, but still not reply. he is now getting worried because it has been five days that he has not laid his eyes on him and his ass, but mainly him. to say he misses the doncaster lad would be an understatement. he has gotten used to seeing his presence in school that he almost lives to catch a glimpse of him, especially in english class with mrs maths.

he finally replies to mckenzie who has sent him a thread of messages asking how he is getting along with his golf date.

harry: horrible! i think my father wants to adopt niall as his own.

k: AHAH WHY?

harry: all he talks about is university, the company, my grades and niall is generally better than me in school so he praises him. you know what he said?

k: WHAT?

harry: "you're going to have an excellent future, maybe you should work for my company."

k: WELL MR STYLES, LOOKS LIKE YOU'LL HAVE TO FEND ON YOUR OWN.

harry: louis hasn't replied. he's read my messages on whatsepp though.

k: GIVE HIM TIME. WHAT DID LIAM SAY?

harry: beers are here. talk later

k: KEEP ME UPDATED!!!

with that harry pockets back his phone and looks up to see niall and his father clinking their beer glasses. he rolls his eyes and takes a sip of his own.

"niall, we should have dinner tomorrow night," suggests dr styles holding to niall's arm, "you, my son, and taylor. it will be like old times."

"i insist," smiles niall. he turns to harry with a big (plastic) smile on his face and asks, "what do you think?"

he forces out a smile. "of course niall. wouldn't miss it for the world."

"perfect!" grins dr styles. he raises his glass and clinks it with niall's. "i do miss taylor. i'm sad she could not make it today for a round of golf, she plays pretty well. better than harry over here."

niall throws his head back in laughter along with dr styles. "he is terrible at golf for sure. he's even worse at tennis."

"nothing as bad as being terrible at golf. how is it possible?"

harry interrupts them, saying, "taylor was busy to come today."

"i know," he says harshly at him then to dr styles with a smile, "i told your father that."

"please, call me des." he leans closer to niall as if whispering something to him yet his voice is loud. "if it were possible, son."

"dad," smiles niall and they both laugh again. harry rolls his eyes and takes huge gulp of beer.

"that sounds amazing," chuckles dr styles. "son."

"dad."

"son."

"dad."

dr styles and niall stop laughing and turn to harry. dr styles sighs before saying, "what do i keep saying about interrupting?" and takes a swig of his beer.

"he does that all the time," sighs niall. harry rolls his eyes and he is getting worried they might roll of his head and roll across the room.