Chapter Fifteen: I'm Sorry

I was sitting in the grass with Dale and Glenn. I felt bad. Daryl left fast and I said something that made him mad. I called him Daddy. I didn't mean too, it kinda just happened. I really hope he wasn't mad. I just wanted him to come back.

"Walker. Walker!" Andrea shouts. She was on watch. Shane and Rick run over to us.

"Just the one?" Rick asks.

"I bet I can nail it from here."Andrea says as she looks through her gun.

"No no, Andrea. Put the gun down." Rick tells her.

"You'd best let us handle this." Shane says.

"Shane, hold up. Hershel wants to deal with walkers." Rick says.

"What for, man? We got it covered." Shane says. Him, Rick and Glenn run to go deal with the Walker. Andrea sets up her gun.

"Andrea, don't." Dale tells her.

"Back off, Dale." She snaps. She fires and it falls to the ground. She smiles at her shot. Rick and Shane carry the walker back to camp, only it wasn't a walker, it was Daryl. I back up and start to cry.

" Oh my God. Oh my God, is he dead?" Andrea asks, with sorrow and guilt in her voice.

"Unconscious. You just grazed him." Rick snapped. 

"But look at him. What the hell happened? He's wearing ears." Glenn points out. Rick pulls off the necklace and shove its it in his pocket.

"Let's keep that to ourselves." Rick says, they start to move to the house.

"Guys, isn't this Sophia's?" T-Dog asks. He holds up Sofia's doll with the clothes I gave her. They run him into the house. I look at Andrea.

"Why couldn't you listen! You killed him! I am alone again! Why can't you listen!" I screamed at her then ran into Daryl's- I mean my- tent. I get into Daryl's sleeping bag and wrap myself around it. I start to cry. The only person that made me feel safe is gone. I am alone again. Sure there is the group but it isn't the same.

"Mason?" I heard a voice ring. I turn and it is Maggie. "Mason, Daryl's alive. You wanna go see him?" I nod my head and walk to her. She picks me up and brings me into the house. We go upstairs into a small bedroom. There was Daryl, asleep. He had a giant bandage across his forehead. Maggie put me down and left me alone with him. He was snoring. There was a chair next to the bed. I sit there and stare at him. Watching his chest rise and fall. I couldn't lose him. 

"I'm sorry Daryl. I'm so sorry." I choke as I tear up. 

"The hell you sorry for?" He groans. I look up and there are his blue eyes squinted at me.

"Your Alive!" I smile and hug him. He chuckles and pats my back.

"Ain't gettin rid of my ass that fast." I pull away and look at him. He was really dirty. "Now, why you sorry?" I look at the ground.

"I called you Daddy, and I thought you were mad." It was silent for awhile, then he picked me up and put me on his lap. He wasn't wearing a shirt and had a big bandage on his side.

"Why are you sorry? I thought you wanna be a Dixon." He smirks. My face lights up.

"You aren't mad?"

"Nah, I don't mind it. But you gotta listen to alright?" I nod and give him another hug.

"I love you Daddy." I whisper.

"Love ya Pinkie." We lie back down and I snuggle next to him a drift to sleep.