Chapter Twenty-Five: Fallin' apart

Miss Beth saddled up Nelly and was teaching me how to ride. After awhile, We rode over to where Daddy was he was siting on the truck with T-Dog, Rick and Andrea.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask.

"Takin' Randall out further, give him a chance." Rick says. I nod. I knew Randy could never stay here, but they were giving him a chance. So I was okay with it.

"Is that Dale's gun?" I hear Daddy ask as Rick hands him a gun.

 "Yeah." Daddy took it and looked at it.

 "Wish I knew where the hell mine is." He mumbled.

 "Ready?" Rick asks everyone, and they all nod.

"Yeah. I'll get the package." T-Dog says.

"Thanks." Rick says and T leaves. We sit there for a bit and Daddy comes over to us and pets Nelly.

"She treatin' ya good?" He asks. I nod excitedly.

"Miss Beth is teaching me to ride her!" I say with a giant smile. He grins and chuckles.

"That's great, Pinkie. I'll be back before ya know it okay?" He says. My smile drops and I nod. I didn't want him leaving. "Pack ya bag. We're moving to the house." He says and walks away. The T comes running to us out of breath.

"What's wrong?" Rick asks.

"Randall's missing."T-Dog said. I'm not gonna lie, cause Mama said that's wrong, I was happy Randy left. He is alive and not beaten up. I just wished he said goodbye. Then again, I didn't.

"Missing? How." Andrea Ask as they all head to the shed. Miss Beth and I head to the barn. She helps me off Nelly and takes off the saddle thing. She left the reins in though, just in case we had to lead her out. Afterwards, we head to the shed to find a bloody Shane.

"He's got my gun!" He shouted.

"Are you okay?" Lori asked.

"I'm fine. Little bastard just snuck up on me. He clocked me in the face." Shane said, he was talking about Randy. Randy wouldn't do that.

"All right, Hershel, T-Dog, get everybody back in the house. Glenn, Daryl, come with us. T, I'm gonna need that gun." Rick ordered. I grabbed Daddy, making him stay.

"Just let him go. That was the plan, wasn't it, to just let him go?" Carol said.

"The plan was to cut him loose far away from here, not on our front step with a gun." T-Dog says.

"Don't go out there." Carl said to his Dad.

"Get everybody back in the house. Lock all the doors and stay put!" Rick said and they started to move, but I wouldn't let Daddy.

"Mason, let go god damn." Daddy growled, but I wouldn't.

"You won't come back......Please stay." I cry. He sighs and bends down.

"I'll be back in a little. Grab ya stuff and bring it into the house. If we get separated, go to the highway okay." He tells me and kisses my forehead."I love ya Mason, I'll always come back." And then he left. I stared at the trees for a little, then went to camp to pack up my stuff.

I made sure I packed my drawing stuff and Ika and Sarah. I put in a few clothes and one of Daddy's shirts to snuggle in. I wasn't sure if he was ever gonna come back so I need something. I then walked to the house and when I got in a shot rang out making me jump and run to Lori.

"I'm going after them." She said.

"Don't, they could be anywhere. And if Randall com back, we're gonna need you here." Carol protests. The door swings open and it is Daddy. I run into his arms and he picks me up. I lean against his chest and he rubs my back a little.

"Rick and Shane ain't back?" Daddy asked.

"No. We heard a shot. Maybe they found Randall." Maggie suggested

"We found him." Glenn said as he walked over to Maggie. They were a thing. 

"Is he back in the shed?" Carol asked. 

"He's a walker." Daddy said and I started to cry in his arms. Everyone I loved is A walker. Daddy the only thing that sin't one.

"Did you find the walker that bit him?"Lori asked.

"No, the weird thing is he wasn't bit. His neck was broke." Glenn said.

 "So he fought back." Carol said but Daddy shook his head.

"The thing is, Shane and Randall's tracks were right on top of each other. And Shane ain't no tracker, so he didn't come up behind him. They were together." Daddy said. 

"Would you please get back out there, find Rick and Shane and find out what on earth is going on?" Lori asked Daddy.

 "You got it. I'll bring Pinkie with me." Daddy said as I clung to him.

"Thank you." She said with relief. Daddy and I walked outside only to be shocked. A giant mass of Walkers were coming and headed our way.

"Patricia, kill the lights." Hershel said.

"I'll get the guns." Andrea said and went back inside.

"Maybe they're just passing, like the herd on the highway." Carol suggested.

"Should we just go inside?" Glenn asked.

"Not unless there's a tunnel downstairs I don't know about. A herd that size would rip the house down."T-Dog told him, then Lori came out in a panic.

"Carl's gone." She said.

"What?" Miss Beth said shocked.

"He... he was upstairs. I can't find him anymore." Lori stuttered.

 "Maybe he's hiding." Glenn suggested, but Lori gave him a look.

"He's supposed to be upstairs. I'm not leaving without my boy." Lori growled.

 -"We're not. We're gonna look again." Carol told Her as she comforted her.

"We're gonna find him." Maggie says as she grabs a gun.

"Maggie." Glenn says, warning about the gun and if she could use it.

 "You grow up country, you pick up a thing or two." Maggie tells him.

 "I got the number... It's no use." Daddy says as he puts me down. I run and get my bag and run back.

"You can go if you want." Hershel says.

"You gonna take 'em all on?" Daddy asked.

"We have guns. We have cars. Kill as many as we can, and we'll use the cars to lead the rest of them off the farm." Hershel tells him.

"Are you serious?" Glenn asked shocked, damn everyone is shocked.

"This is my farm. I'll die here." Hershel tells him.

 "All right. It's as good a night as any." Daddy says and turns to me. "Stay with one of them. Remember the highway if we can't find each other." He says then kisses my forehead. "Love you Mason." Then he ran to his bike to help out.

We are all gonna die tonight.