Chapter Thirty Two: Bet

After we got to play in the snow, more walkers came so we had to go. Lori was getting tired a lot more. Miss Carol says it is because she has a baby inside that takes her energy. Hershel and Miss Carol stay near Lori a lot to make sure she is okay. Carl and Beth are always together too. I play with them sometimes, but Carl says he doesn't want to play kids games. Daddy, Rick, T-Dog and Glenn are always staring at a map. Trying to find a place to stay for the winter. Maggie has been around me a lot more. She plays with Sarah as I play with Ika. We play pretend with them sometimes.

We also found a bigger truck for everyone to pile in. So now we have two cars and Daddy's bike. The snow is hard for Daddy's bike, but we get through it. The snow isn't deep, but we get a lot of Ice. It makes the cars slip. Beth was trying to get berries from a dying bush, and she ended up slipping on ice. Her back has a giant bruise now. Rick has us in specific jobs now. He doesn't want people getting hurt.

We found a small cabin. Daddy found it while hunting and it seems safe. Half of us were able to fit inside. Rick had Lori, Miss Carol, Beth, Hershel, Maggie and Glenn go inside the cabin. Me, Daddy, Carl, Rick and T-Dog were in the cars. I didn't care, I was with Daddy. But that left me and Carl to play with each other, and he didn't want to.

"I don't wanna play dolls with you. Thats kid stuff." Carl said. T-Dog was asleep while Rick was scouting and Daddy was hunting again.

"Then what do yow wanna do?" I ask quietly.

"I wanna help out Dad!" He says frusturated.

"Wanna go walk the perimeter?" I ask. I didn't know what it ment, but I heard Rick say it a lot.

"You have a weapon?" He asks. I show him the knife Daddy gave me. Carl pulled out his gun.

"That's too loud." I warn him. He groans knowing I'm right and puts it away. He goes into his Dad's bag and grabs one of the giant knives.

"Let's go." Carl says. He opens the door slightly, so the cold air doesn't wake up T-Dog. We both slip out and land on the ground with a crunch. Ice was still on the grass. Carl close the door quietly and grabbed my hand to lead me to walk the perimeter.

"Do you know where we are going?" I ask, As we walk away from the camp.

"Of Course I do! I'm older so I'm smarter!" He huffs. I close my mouth not making him angry again. We walk and then stop. "Why are you so quiet!"

"Cause I didn't wanna make you angry." I mumble. He groans the crosses arms. I kinda wanted to go back, but Carl would be upset again.

"Why did I bring you out here? You can't even kill a walker." Carl whines. I get angry.

"I can too!" He laughs at me.

"No way you can kill a walker."

"I can too! More than you can!" I shout at him.

"Fine. Who ever kills the most walkers during our walk.....gets the last candy bar." Carl says.

"Fine." I say and start to walk. I can kill a walker! I did it before and he acts like I can't do anything! It makes me so angry! This must be what Daddy feels like after a long talk with Miss Carol or Hershel.

I look to my left and see two walkers. Carl keeps walking. This was my chance. I ran behind one of the trees and waited for the walkers to come. I saw one and I tripped him and stabbed his head. But I forgot there were two.

It grabs me and I squeak. I didn't want to yell, cause Carl would say I was weak. I yank my arm away from him. The walker got heavy and I fell to the ground. I used my legs to push him a bit, then stabbed him in the head. The blood got all over me, but it was oka. I was use to it. I squirm from underneath the body and finaly get on my feet. I caught up to Carl, who didn't even notice I was gone.