Chapter Twenty: Uncle Randall

When I saw Uncle Randall, my heart soared. He is Mama's little brother. He would come over all the time when we moved, he was my babysitter all the time. Uncle Randall had issues though. When we first moved I heard Mama and Uncle Randall arguing over the fact he was doing drugs. He stopped using though, so he could spend time with us. But Mama was always worried about him. 

He came out of the car, his leg was bleeding and he had sunglasses and earmuffs on. I start to run to him, but Daryl stops me. I move in his arms trying to get out of his grasp. They took him to a shed, so Hershel could fix him up. We waited outside for him to come out.

"Mason, you know that man?" Rick asked me.

"That's Uncle Randall! He's Mama's little brother." I tell him with a smile.

"Okay, we are gonna talk to him and help him out okay. But you can't see him just yet."  I was about to protest when Hershel came out of the shed cleaning off his hands.

"I repaired his calf muscle as best I can, but he'll probably have nerve damage. Won't be on his feet for at least a week."

"When he is, we give him a canteen, take him out to the main road, send him on his way." Rick said. I got really sad, why couldn't he stay with us?

 "Isn't that the same as leaving him for the walkers?" Andrea asks.

"He'll have a fighting chance."

"Just gonna let him go? He knows where we are." Shane snapped.

"He was blindfolded the whole way here. He's not a threat." Rick told him.

"Not a threat. How many of them were there? You killed three of their men, you took one of them hostage, but they just ain't gonna come looking?" Shane shouted.

"They left him for dead. No one is looking. We should still post a guard. He's out cold right now, will be for hours." Rick told everyone.

"You know what? I'm gonna go get him some flowers and candy." Shane Scoffs . "Look at this, folks... We back in fantasy land."

 You know, we haven't even dealt with what you did at my barn yet. Let me make this perfectly clear, once and for all... This is my farm. Now I wanted you gone. Rick talked me out of it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. So do us both a favor... Keep your mouth shut." Hershel said.Shane shut his mouth.

"When can I go see Uncle Randall?" I ask. Everyone's eyes widen. Rick bends down to my level and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Mason, your Uncle Randall got hurt. We are gonna take care of him, but he could be dangerous so he has to stay in the shed okay. You just gotta keep away for a bit. Play with Carl for a bit."

"Are you gonna send him away for the walkers to get him?" I ask. Rick was about to say something but Shane stepped in.

"Mason, Randall is dangerous. He tried to kill Rick, Glenn and Hershel. He gotta stay locked up." I started to cry.

"No! Uncle Randall is nice, he didn't mean it! Don't let the walkers get him! Please Rick Please!" I sobbed. 

"We won't throw him to the walkers, but Shane is right. He is dangerous and we gotta keep him locked up. I promise you will get to see him later." Rick says. I run away. All that lays in my head is Uncle Randall and me. How he would watch movies with me. How we would make a mess trying to make a cake or brownies. Uncle Randall would play dress up with me sometimes, I would put him in a pick dress, while I wore a knights outfit. That always made Mama laugh.

Once I got into the tent. I started to color, and cry. They were gonna feed him to walkers! That makes them the bad people, not Uncle Randall. I didn't believe that Uncle Randall shot at him. He couldn't hurt a fly! Literally! Mama had to kill it for him! Daddy called him a sissy and that ended in a food fight. Mama was not happy about that. She had to clean it up. 

I finally had something of the past to cling to. Now a days, its new things only. I should talk to Daddy, he would help me get Uncle Randall. He could convince Rick to let him stay. I know Shane doesn't want to, but we could convince him too. Like how Lori convinced him to leave Carl alone. I'm not supposed to know but its hard not to listen. Maybe Dale could take to everyone......This was my plan

Get Uncle Randall out of the Shed

Get him to stay in the group

Make sure No walkers get him.

Or Shane.