Sun and Lightning

The first thing Yuuichi woke up to was the face of Ryuuichi, who was sleeping soundly but slightly frowning. He had a vice grip on Yuuichi as he pulled him nearer. Yuuichi sighed inwardly. It has been a while since Ryuuichi last sneaked into his room for the night. He peered over the digital clock by the night stand beside his bed. '6.29..'

He leaned back into the warm body of his brother, stroking his head. It would be a long day for Ryuuichi, seeing that he had sneaked into his room, probably somewhere in the middle of the night. The last time he had done that, he had a bad day and his temper was thinner than usual. A lot more thinner. It was the time of the month where he would be like this. At least once a or two months, his brother would be out than usual. He would be more silent that he already was, would preferred not to speak at all. If you annoy him even a little, he would snap at you.

Yuuichi wondered if something had triggered this peculiar behavior of his brother's. 'Oh right, today..' Yuuichi smiled a little. His brother was nervous. Ryuuichi always had this bad habit of not telling anyone what he feel and would bottle everything up, so whenever there's something going on that made him nervous or unsettled, he would become like this.

His train of thoughts were broken when a groan escaped the older twin's lips as he snuggled closer to him. Yuuichi chuckled at the out of character brother of his. "Ryuu.." He called, trying to wake him up. "It's almost 6.45. You need to be at school by 7, right?" Ryuuichi groaned louder, still not letting go of Yuuichi but his grip had slackened. A silent 'One minute'.

And exactly after a minute, he had fully let go, and had crawled up. His gaze were hazy from sleep as he looked at the clock for quite a while.

Yuuichi chuckled again. He got of the bed and went to Ryuuichi's room. He took his brother's uniform and brought it back to his room. He was greeted by the sight of his brother faceplanting the pillows, body stretching. Really, he looked like a cat more. He place his uniform on the bed, before heading to the bathroom to wash up first. His brother would take a few more moment before he could finally fully awaken.

True to what he had expected, Ryuuichi was already awaken as he sat on his bed and stared into nowhere, mouth tugged downwards and eyebrows furrowed. He stared at Yuuichi when he walked into the room, making Yuuichi roll his eyes. The younger one grabbed his brother and dragged him to the bathroom along with his uniform. "Wash up and change. I'll tie your hair later"

Seriously, on these kind of day, his brother would turn into a muted robot.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Good morning, Mom. Dad." Sakura and Kei greeted back. Kei was sitting on his usual seat and reading the newspaper while Sakura was cooking her sons' lunch box. They raised an eyebrow when they didn't heard their oldest son's voice. They looked towards the doorway to the dining room and saw Ryuuichi's solemn look and realization hit them. They smiled softly but said nothing. Their oldest son need actions rather than words on these days after all.

---------------------------------------------------------

"You have everything, right?" Yuuichi asked, his brother nodded but still haven't said anything except greeting the teachers. He sighed. He cupped Ryuuichi's cheeks and had their eyes met. "Everything will be fine, ok? Trust me. You will do great" He smiled when his brother's eyes shone a little.

He hugged his brother before letting go. "Break a leg" He bowed at Ryuuichi's club mates before walking off, only to be held back by Ryuuichi.

"Yuuichi. Thanks" He smiled brightly. "Anytime, Ryuu."

--------------------------------------------------------

The day went according to how it always have, except the absent of his brother's presence and people asking about him here and there. Though, his brother's friends had been finding him for some reason. First, it was Hibari. During the first period, the prefect had literally barged into their classroom, surprising the living shit out of everyone. He had asked about Ryuuichi's whereabout and when he knew that he was absent, he simply shut the door and walked out without another word.