Thy Heart Never Change, Thy Soul Grows Older

The door slammed open once again. Tsuna, Gokudera and Yamamoto were panting, perhaps from running. They were in their uniforms, having to rush to the hospital immediately right after getting the news from Reborn. Their eyes immediately aimed towards the bed, where Ryuuichi was. Instead of seeing an unconscious Ryuuichi, the teen was sitting up with his back on the pillows, talking to Yuuichi, Dino, his parents and Amemori. Somehow, Reborn had perched himself on his lap, careful to not jostle his injuries, much to the teen's amusement.

Gokudera and Yamamoto immediately jumped towards him, hugging him. (They managed to not collide onto Reborn.) Ryuuichi was surprised when they did. "Ow ow-" They quickly let go when Ryuuichi winced in pain, hands cradling his ribs. They quickly apologize and bombarded him with questions. "When did you wake up?" "How are you feeling?"

Ryuuichi gave them a small smile. "Sometime in the morning, I think." Gokudera and Yamamoto immediately noticed something different from Ryuuichi, Tsuna as well as he trotted towards Ryuuichi's side. "Are you alright, Ryuuichi?" Tsuna asked, frowning slightly. Ryuuichi shifted his gaze to Tsuna, amused. "Yes."

"Grab a chair and seat down first." Reborn immediately interrupted. Feeling that there was something wrong, they did as told. "BakaRyuu here, has lost his memories."

And cue wide eyes.

"What?!"

Ryuuichi gave them another awkward smile, still amused by everything, however. He explained everything to the trio, telling them the exact words he had told Yuuichi, his parents and Dino . Really though, ever since he woke up, everything was so entertaining. (Minus the thing between his legs. He still couldn't stop blushing when he thought of it.)

When Yuuichi and his parents talked about his childhood, he realized that he had somehow went back to the childish part of him somewhere. And reckless as well. When Dino and Yuuichi talked about his time with Tsuna and the others, he had never been so amused yet horrified by his own self. And then Reborn came along and added his two cents. Amemori remained silent, however, only explaining the part about the man who brought Amemori's soul over. Caelum, they say.

Though, Ryuuichi really need to get used to the name, and not calling Hibiki as Alex. And the creepy smile that he couldn't stop.

"S-so.." Gokudera was getting paler and paler. Ryuuichi wondered why when he remembered that Reborn mentioned about him helping Gokudera through online. Pursing his lips, he slowly reached over to the bomber and patted him on his head. "Sorry. But I'll remember everything." His hair was surprisingly soft.

He blinked when Gokudera muttered something under his breathe. "I'm sorry?"

"I said," Gokudera looked straight into his eyes, a bit teary. "Don't ever do anything stupid anymore." Ryuuichi's eyes widen before he tilted his head down and laughed. "I can't promise that, but I'll try."

"BakaRyuu." He turned to Yamamoto in surprise. "You're the biggest idiot I know, BakaRyuu." Chuckling at that as well, he lowered his hands. "I know right?"

Tsuna smiled in relief. "Don't make us start a homicide, or go crazy, BakaRyuu."

Ryuuichi choked on his laughter and heaved. "Oh man. Should I flee the country because these three are ganging up on me. Wait. Make that all of you." He still didn't stop laughing when Reborn elbowed him, still being careful of his injuries. "You can run, but you can never hide, BakaRyuu."

And laughter filled the air. They decided right there and then that everyone laughing is the best moments of all, no matter what situation they are in.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure that you're alright alone, Ryuu-kun?" Sakura asked for the nth time, still reluctant to leave. The visiting time has already ended and they didn't even want to leave. It was when Ryuuichi told them to, when they did. "We can stay, you know?" Shaking his head, he rejected it. "I'll be alright, Mother. Please go home and get some rest. There are eye bags under your eyes. Father and Dino as well."