Reborn and Verde

"If I were to betray you, will you still believe me?"

"..... Perhaps I wouldn't. But I believe that you would have a reason so yes. I will"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi woke up to darkness, once again. 'What in the world-' His eyes widen as he hastily looked around. He was once again floating in darkness, in void. He suppressed a shudder that was about to ran up his skin. "No-" He suddenly heard a voice and whipped his head towards that direction, but still, there was nothing.

"Please.. No.."

He frowned. There was absolutely nothing and he was alone, for sure. Then there was that ear piercing scream. He hurriedly covered his ears and winced at that. The scream didn't stop. Pleads were said, begged continuously. He closed his eyes tightly as he felt a headache coming. 'Goddammit-'

"Ryuuichi!!" He snapped his eyes open, finally seeing something. He sat up and winced a little at the slight pain. He looked at his surrounding, recognizing his room. He looked to a certain infant, who perhaps was the one whom had woke him up and was about to say something when he realized that he was panting. That, and he was sweating profusely.

Reborn had slept over at Ryuuichi's for the night as his trial was next. Perhaps it was to give Tsuna space for the upcoming challenge but he had the urge to stay out of the Sawadas' house that night and something told him to stay with Ryuuichi. The teen was a little surprised, but invited him nonetheless. He had slept with him in his room, with Reborn on his hammock that he took out of nowhere.

They were sleeping soundly when the teen started turning over here and there in the middle of the night. Reborn, being the ever so light sleeper, was awaken by that and had found Ryuuichi frowning so hard that it looked painful. He had jumped down onto his bed and touched his cheek only to retract it immediately. The teen's skin was very cold. He felt a twinge of worry (Ok maybe a lot) for the teen, who seemed to be having a nightmare.

He had tried to wake him up to no avail until his eyes suddenly opened. Those brown orbs were narrowed, and confused as Ryuuichi sat up and looked around, hair tousled. Reborn waited til the teen's haziness cleared before asking if he was alright. He said nothing else when he nodded and jumped to the wardrobe and plucked out a set of fresh clothes for him.

"Go wash up first and straight to the kitchen" Another nod was his answer before Ryuuichi took the clothes out of his hand and walked to the bathroom. Reborn walked to the kitchen and prepared a cup of tea for him seeing that Ryuuichi doesn't look like he will be going back to sleep. Well, it was fine anyway, since it was almost 5 in the morning.

Reborn found it quite astonishing to see the usually calm and collected teen this shaken and unnerved, but he didn't want to see him like that again. Reborn didn't know why, but he definitely do not want it to happen again.

Ryuuichi leaned on the bathroom wall, covering his eyes and groaned. This was the first time him having nightmare to the point that he would sweat. He stripped out of his clothes and when into the shower, sighing in relief as the water washing away the stickiness. He wondered what was that dream about. Yet, then again, it doesn't felt like a dream. It felt so real despite the fact that he was simply in darkness. He sighed again, pushing that away seeing that he might get another headache if he think about it longer. He peered through his bang to the sink, where his ring was placed.

The ring glinted a little.

Reborn looked up when Ryuuichi had walked in and sat on the chair. He pushed the cup of tea to him, ushering him to drink it up. Ryuuichi muttered a thank you and sipped the warm beverage. They sat in silence until Ryuuichi place the half empty cup on the table.